Waiheke Island Resort and Conference Centre

4 bay road, Auckland, New Zealand

Check Auckland Hotel Deals

Waiheke Island Resort and Conference Centre Auckland Reviews

jacbe965 jacbe965
A disappointing shambles from booking to checking out... NOT LUXURY! Mar 07, 2010
We were on Waiheke Island for a wedding and many of the guests were staying at the Resort, including the wedding party. Before we arrived alarm bells started ringing for me when I was accidentally provided with two other guests' personal details and credit card numbers while trying to confirm my booking. Also, I requested a certain kind of accommodation, but the receptionist changed it to a more expensive kind because she thought I would like a better view. I found I had to be very direct and persistent to get what I wanted. Although I booked over a year in advance, I had to keep checking back to make sure I was still going to get what I wanted because other members of the wedding party had found that they had been unexpectedly bumped. When we arrived on the Island I called the Resort's preferred transport company from the ferry and received a very rude response and was told they were unavailable. After contacting another taxi service we arrived at the Resort and received a rude welcome from the reception staff. It seemed as if we were inconveniencing them by staying there. They didn't help us with our bags or even show us to our room. I was extremely disappointed to discover that there was no air conditioning. The room was clean and the cleaning staff were polite. The room was not attractive. There was patio furniture in our room for a table and chairs. When we checked in we were told that there was to be no parties that might disturb other guests, and yet the conference that was occurring while we were there had loud music playing until late into the night and the next morning we were woken by multiple people vomiting in the rooms adjacent, and on the lawn outside our room. The food was good, but getting it was a challenge to say the least. On the last night we were there we went to the restaurant for dinner. We were told that the chef had been sent home because there were so few guests. The problem was that even if there are only a few guests they still have to eat, and the Resort is not within walking distance of any shops. Because it was so warm we were trying to drink a lot of water, but it tasted like it had bicarbonate of soda in it. The Resort staff told me that they used tank water like everyone on the Island, but I thought a water fountain in the reception room would have been really appreciated. In conclusion our stay was an incredibly expensive disappointment. Fortunately the wedding (held at another venue) was a stunning success.

Waiheke Island Resort and Conference Centre Overview

Waiheke Island Resort is a unique retreat nestled in subtropical gardens overlooking the sparkling waters of Palm Beach and just a five minute walk to the beach.

So close to Auckland, yet far enough away for you to feel that you have escaped the city without the necessity of driving to your destination. Waiheke Island Resort is the perfect place to unwind.

Guests can select from studio, one bedroom and two bedroom apartments, some with kitchenette facilities. Most apartments have private decks with stunning sea views. Our apartments are equipped with King/Single beds, Sky TV, stove, dishwasher, iron and board, tea & coffee making facilities in those without kitchenettes.

Waiheke Island Resort has a fully licensed restaurant and bar with views out to the Hauraki Gulf and surrounding islands. You can relax with friends in our reception area beside an open fire.

Facilities in the resort includes: Swimming Pool, Tennis Court, Petanque Court, Licenced restaurant, Bar, Broadband internet station.

We look forward to welcoming you to Waiheke Island Resort!

Waiheke Island Resort and Conference Centre Amenities

• TV
  • Laundry service
  • Excursions
  • Garden
  • Tennis Courts (outdoor)
  • Ticket Service