Wahaca

www.wahaca.co.uk - 0207 734 0195

Wahaca London Reviews

jeminigirl jeminigi…
Authentic Mexican Food, Great Customer Service Aug 13, 2016
After an enjoyable early evening show at London Wonderground we were looking for somewhere to grab a bit to eat along the river. After much perusing we opted for Mexican at Wahaca. Given that the restaurant is actually 8 recycled shipping containers on two levels, it’s not your average restaurant, but if you like quirkiness give it a go. It was exceptionally busy so we had a 30-45 minute wait. We were given a buzzer (which would bleep to tell us our table was ready) and headed off to grab a cocktail whilst waited.

Buzzer went off after 40 minutes and we were promptly seated on the lower level, with a great view of the river, given menus to peruse and were looked after by a fabulous waiter called Chris who was very attentive and informative over several dishes. Once we’d chosen our food, it came as and when it was ready – street food style. Everything was amazing from my chicken enchiladas and sweet potato side to the tapas style street food that my friends ordered. So much of each dish that they could not eat it all.

Would highly recommend – maybe worth booking a table on weekends, given the general hustle and bustle around the area – great venue, great view, great food, great service, will definitely revisit in the future
vances says:
Agree with Ils...a very fun name to say!

:^)
Posted on: Nov 01, 2016
Ils1976 says:
I just had to read this ... the name alone! ;)
Posted on: Sep 04, 2016
cotton_foam says:
...and great review, Allie!
Posted on: Sep 03, 2016
skinny_phil skinny_p…
Fantastic Mexican Food Jul 25, 2014
If you love Mexican food then Wahaca is for you.

There are three (that I know of!) in London. I ate at the Soho restaurant and was not disappointed. The menu is extensive and reasonably priced for London. I had the marinated, grilled chicken which was beautiful. The portion sizes are decent as well.

The chimichurri served to the table with the nachos etc. is the best I have tasted.

It was VERY busy and we had to reserve a table and return an hour or so later. However it was a Saturday night and the wait was well worth it!
Joey86 Joey86
Mexican Street Food At It's Best May 23, 2011
There seems to be a distinct lack of Mexican restaurants in central London, but maybe I’ve just not discovered them yet - if you know of any then share the knowledge! Either way though, I reckon Wahaca is the best place to go in London. End of.

Wahaca is basically the Mexican version of a tapas restaurant. Only this place is better because Mexican food is way better than Spanish. Their Mexican market food covers pretty much everything to the point where the choice can be brilliantly overwhelming, which is why I would always suggest ordering three or four (or more depending on your levels of hunger / greediness) plates from the tapas section of the menu.

They have the best nachos, guacamole and variety of dishes that I’ve ever come across in the UK, and, even better... don’t forget to pick up a packet of free chilli seeds to grow at home on your way out! They look like matches, they’re not. Best mistake I ever made! (I'm currently hoping mine turn into full-on quesadilla trees rather than chillies)

Check London Hotel Deals