Wagah Border

Amritsar, India

Wagah Border Amritsar Reviews

sathyaraj sathyaraj
Why the ceremony for? Jul 16, 2013
The security officials were simply arrogant in the name of tight security. it was 8/7/12....my birthday.sitting along the border of india/pakistan with mix feelings.in the name of religion the punjabis became enemies and denounced their culture n mother tongue.both sides provoking each other with all kind of patriotic songs,dance,march,leg raising and all sorts.what is the idea? what is the message one getting from the provoking ceremony? booing and and cursing seems a common scene of the day.seriously its an insult to a tourist like me!
killosierra85 killosie…
Wagah border May 14, 2011
Amritsar is a beautiful city and in my opinion two most important places to visit are Golden Temple and wagah border.you will find many reviews on golden temple but none on wagah border.wagah border is between India and Pakistan,in evening there is Flag down drill.this flag down has historical valve in ancient times there was a policy that after last light flag of both fighting armies will be down and no fighting will take place till flag is hoisted again. The flag will be hoisted again when first light falls the next day at that place.so this flag down drill is the ultimate fun . both sides ie India and Pakistan plays loud patriotic songs crowd cheers for their soldiers and soldiers become supernatural for that instance and they carry out extraordinary drill. it is something must watch as u i cannot jolt down the drill and expressions here:)
wagah border
killosierra85 says:
yup seeing it in person is awesome , as you will see maddening crowd cheering for their soldiers ,you cant hear anything but war cry ,soldiers go mad and ur emotions overpower you . it is almost like a minibattle without weapons.
Posted on: May 15, 2011
wagslikeadog says:
I've seen this ceremony on TV. It looked very cool! I'm sure it's much more impressive in-person, of course.
Posted on: May 14, 2011
schwoyxer schwoyxer
Beware Wagah Border! Sep 21, 2011
Wagah Border is a MUST do when you're in Amristar.

We are having problems finding an auto-rickshaw who is honest and provide reasonable price. But thank god, we met this pretty Indian girl who bargained for us.

So we set ourselves on the road to Amristar. It is quite a long way from the city to the Border. About 30 mins - 45 mins or so. When we arrived, there is a long queue. We joined the queue and met a old guy who looks like the Late Gandhi who lead us to a shortcut queue. Once it was opened, you cannot believe how the crowd behave. They just rushes in and we're like being pushed into the site rather than walked in. I rarely tripped and my friend lost one of his flip-flop. It was a nightmare.

But the good thing is, we got a VIP seats. Don't went up with the locals, they have this special seating for tourists. When you see the guard below the local seating area, just flash your passport or ID and you'll get pass through it.

The ceremony started with children and ladies running with their flags and showed their Indian Power! Then the indian ladies will dance, no matter how old they are, if you're a girl, you can join them too! Then they finally started their ceremony which you can see it in Youtube.

Related Travel Blogs About Wagah Border

It all started on Friday night when one of my colleague who was frustrated with loads of work said he would like to go for a trip to somewhere for a break, destination not decided yet. Seeing an o…wagah border to watch Beating Retreat ceremony held everyday evening.Next day Saturday, we had change of plans we were going to Dalhousie after Amritsar
Golden Temple and the Attari-Wagah border crossing
With just 36 hours in town, I was up and out early, GT-bound. After the chilled-out traveller hangouts of Manali and Mcleod Ganj and a bunch of one-goat Himalayan villages in between, the bustle of …Amritsar to-do list was the famous border closing ceremony at Attari-Wagah. After being offered silly prices for the 30km…

Check Amritsar Hotel Deals