Waffle House Baton Rouge

2363 COLLEGE DRIVE, Baton Rouge, LA, USA

Waffle House Baton Rouge Reviews

montecarlostar montecar…
IHOP is much better... but you know what to expect here Apr 27, 2009
One of the restaurant chains that I have found to be more consistent with their quality through all the USA is the Waffle House. They might not the best pancake house around (we reserve that title for IHOP), but at least you always know what to expect, and so was the case for this Waffle House.

I was actually looking for an IHOP (my favorite breakfast chain in the USA and probably of my known part of the world), but they were all pretty far from where I was. And there was this Waffle House next to my hotel, so I decided to go there.

One point for IHOP vs. WAFFLE HOUSE is that the facilities are much much nicer. In IHOP you feel that you are eating in an actual restaurant... in WAFFLE HOUSE, sometimes you just want to leave. Specially with all those "rules of the house" stamped in big ads in front of you. That makes you feel that only people who was released from prison eats there. Also, the staff is usually more rude and impersonal here than in IHOP, where they are (except in rare ocassions) very very friendly.

I can't say they were my best pancakes ever, but they were very good. The eggs, hash browns and the juice were very good too. If this restaurant was cheaper than IHOP, I would rate it 5 stars. But you end up paying the same as in an IHOP, so I would say that if you have the choice, choose IHOP instead.
Front view
glidermike says:
I've eaten at a Waffle House in Baker, about 5 miles north of the airport in Baton Rouge, and found it to be better than most Waffle Houses. There is an IHOP on the south side of the airport, that I have also tried, and I found the Waffle House in Baker to be preferable to this particular IHOP, in terms of friendly staff, speed of service, overall cleanliness, and the overall experience. There is a Waffle House at the Atlanta airport across the street from the Atlantic Southeast Airlines hangar, and I won't go there again. Once was more than enough.
Posted on: Apr 13, 2011
montecarlostar says:
Yeah, that's one thing about America that I think no other country has... and that is being so practical! You just gotta love how easy is to see good restaurants on the road... BTW, I'm not saying Waffle House is not good, I really like it too! :D
Posted on: Apr 30, 2009
RobMeetsWorld says:
I love IHOP too, but being a southern boy and a "Hillbilly" the Waffle House is great. I can clean up breakfast and have a couple of glasses of sweet tea. That is good stuff. But we don't have it here.
Posted on: Apr 29, 2009