Wada Hostel

Check Guilin Hotel Deals

Wada Hostel Guilin Reviews

gariputo97 gariputo…
Well-located hostel in Guilin Jun 22, 2011
The Wada Hostel is part of Hostelling International and has opened only in the last few years. It is located just south of the Guilin train station and bus stations (10 min walk), which makes it a great place to stay in town while you are on your way to Yangshuo.

It can be a bit difficult to find as you won't find its entrance off of the main road. Instead, you enter a large courtyard from the main road and then the hostel is in the back corner. However, it is next to two bus stops that will take you to different sights around the city. the front desk can provide you with a map with bus routes to the main attractions in Guilin. There is a shopping mall across the street with restaurants, movie theater, and department store.

Compared to other hostels, this one is new and clean. There is a decent lobby with free internet, bar, sofas, and an outdoor lounge. Private rooms offer TV's, AC, private baths. Although the bed's are hard, there are electric blankets which is a nice touch. The bathroom could be better because it lacks a formal shower stall, but at least it is clean.

The staff are quite friendly and speak good English. Overall, I would recommend this hostel to those visiting Guilin on their way to or back from Yangshuo.
StarvingVegetarian Starving…
Cheapest escape in Guilin Nov 02, 2010
At Wada Hostel, you can find yourself forgetting why you were in Guilin in the first place. I was there in August this year and the place was something else. I was first greeted by the sweetest receptionists in the world who helped me with just about everything, like planning my days in Guilin and also my itinerary in China. They even took care of purchasing all my train and bus tickets which is a huge favor as I know from my personal attempt the first time was unbearable. We got to rent bicycles for cheap and had a tour around the city and joined a few tours with them such as the Li River Cruise to Yangshuo and the Longsheng Rice Terrance. I later however found myself spending most of my time inside Wada shooting pool, learning Chinese, and playing random Chinese card games lol. Their restaurant also served some amazing REAL coffee bean grinded coffee and their chef made me a killer curry on rice. Everything about this hostel was ace. I mean for only 35 yuan per night, you definitely get a lot more than just a bed. Wada rules!

Check Guilin Hotel Deals