WARNING: Ha Long Tourist Boats Group

WARNING: Ha Long Tourist Boats Group Halong Bay Reviews

PleaseDontBePsycho PleaseDo…
WARNING: Ha Long Tourst Boats Group Aug 27, 2008
OK Ladies and Gents

If you're going to go to Halong Bay, there's only one way you should do it. Book your tour thru one of the agencies recommended in LP etc. and then go straight there. Do not go straight to Halong Bay expecting to get a better deal.

Why?

I shall tell you.

You will get ripped off...just like my friend and I did.

Do not deal with this agency...

Ha Long Tourist Boats Group - Mr. Binh Thanh or Discovery Travel on 26 Hang Mam Street in Hanoi.

We went back to the "home" agency in Ha Noi and they were very unhelpful. We were ripped off the exact amount of what the tour was worth. Seeing as we didn't know how much a 2 nite/3 day tour was supposed to cost, 80 bucks seemed alright to us when we met up with a guy selling tours in HB. Too bad the actual price is in the range of 45 bucks. When we complained, we were told by the owner of the company that we had delt with his friend, also nicknamed "the hunter", who preys upon tourists. I never got a satisfactory answer as to why he'd want to do business with a criminal. Go figure. Anyways, we were jerked around a lot and although seeing halong bay was amazing, the whole payment thing reallky bugged us.

So if you see Mr. Binh Than or Discovery Travel, please give them my least fond regards and give your business to someone else.

P.S. the junks they use have plutonium grown rats on board and we saw them running all over the pots and pans in the kitchen. yum yum.
thaitravelor66 says:
do you have names of boat tour groups to use? What is LP?
Posted on: Dec 27, 2008