W Seattle

W Seattle Rates and Deals

W Seattle Reviews

drdougoxford drdougox…
I love the W Apr 10, 2012
I stayed here in 2010 - this is a wonderful hotel with all the best the W has to offer. The bartenders were fantastic and very helpful when asking about the local attractions. The hotel lobby comes to life during the evenings - plenty of friendly people to talk to and hang out with. The food in the restaurant is exquisite and would go back even if I wasn't staying at the hotel. And you cannot forget the black lights in the hotel hallways and the design of the rooms - I love the designs of the rooms and the comfortable beds I've come to expect from the Westin family of hotels.
ncrypted ncrypted
Chic designer hotel in downtown Jul 24, 2010
The W in downtown Seattle is one of my more favorite hotels in Seattle. It's the first place I check for a room when I'm going to be there. Room rates are a bit high, but if you check the hotel's website you'll likely find a deal or package of some sort.

It's in a very good location only a few blocks from Nordstrom, the Convention Center, shopping, and the Pike Place market. Honestly though, if you're going to the Market, you might want to grab a cab or wear comfy walking shoes. It's about 4 blocks to the Nordstrom/Niketown shopping area, and about 8 or 10 to the Market.

The W Seattle is a 'design hotel' and the lobby is very dark, chic, trendy, etc. There's a tendency for some design hotels to put style ahead of substance, and forget the job of being someplace that people want to meet and stay. This W doesn't fall into that trap. Even with all the design elements, they manage to make it cool and welcoming after a long day of travel.

The rooms are all sorts of comfortable and attractive. I particularly like that they have a bench seat next to the giant windows. (The windows run the entire length of one wall in most rooms.) The bench seat is a perfect place to relax and read the paper in the morning.

The Westin/Sheraton "Heavenly" beds are amongst the best hotel beds I've ever experienced in a hotel. They perfectly straddle the line of being quite firm while still soft. I want one for my house!

The restaurant on-site is pretty darned expensive, as is the bar. And if I'm going to be completely honest, not worth the money, especially in a food-crazy city like Seattle. However, never fear, because there are many nice restaurants and watering holes within walking distance.

I think that where this hotel shines, though, is the staff. From the doormen to the desk clerks, and from the housekeeping staff to the bartenders, the staff, in my experiences, is always top notch. Friendly, full of good tips about the area, polite, and just downright nice.

Like I said, this is always the place I try first when looking for an upscale room in Seattle.
Glynnes says:
Thanks for the review. Do you have any photos?
Posted on: Jul 24, 2010
kujhawk04 kujhawk04
Great walking location to Pike Place Market Mar 11, 2010
My travel buddy works for Sheraton so we got half-off of the room rates but I think that they're fairly pricey...

Anyway, if you're going to be staying downtown, this isn't a bad hotel to stay at. I would recommend it to the younger professional crowd as there is "clubby" music playing in the lobby and everything is very modern and sleek; minimalist.

Lists are easy for me so here you go:

PROS: fresh apples, roaring fireplace in lobby, clean rooms and amenities, within 2-3 blocks to Pike Place and the rail to the Space Needle, VERY close to the drop off and pick up for the rail to the airport.

CONS: small bar, very expensive restaurant onsite only, weird business center hours (makes it hard to look up airline info although you can easily print your boarding pass in the lobby).

Happy travels!

W Seattle Overview

Standing as a beacon in the thriving heart of Seattle, W Seattle is a premier destination for the savvy traveler. Reminiscent of some of Seattle's classic towers, W Seattle combines elements of the city's architectural history in a modern interpretation of the northwestern regional style. Crowned with a steel-and-mesh pyramid, the hotel gives off a magical glow 26 stories above the street that evokes the energy of this cutting-edge city.

W Seattle was conceived by Starwood® Hotels and Resorts with one purpose in mind. To inspire the business traveler and provide solace and refuge in a hectic world. Throughout our 415 large, modern guest rooms and 9 suites, down-cushioned banquettes, custom furnishings and the dreamiest bed in the world await you.

W Seattle is all about service and amenities. Whatever you want, whenever you want it. The hotel is located in the center of Seattle's burgeoning downtown, close to all the action. Check out the famous Space Needle. Savor a cup of coffee or catch fish at the Pike Place Market. Lose yourself in a sublime performance at the new Benaroya Symphony Hall. Do a little shopping. Or, simply do nothing at all. It's up to you., From December to early March, the bar, restaurant, and Living Room will be renovated. During this project, our beverage and food outlets will be relocated to the 2nd floor.

W Amenities