W Chicago Lakeshore

W Chicago Lakeshore Rates and Deals

W Chicago Lakeshore Reviews

Soultrekker Soultrek…
W Hotel Mar 30, 2012
This was our first stay at a W hotel. We were familiar with their modern style and sleak decor from the W hotel in Dallas and New York. We had been to the bars and restaurants at the W's and were impressed. It definitely is a modern upscale destination hotel with a cool contemporary feel. The W Lakeshore as far as location is perfect! Right next door is Navy Pier, and just down the street in Michigan Ave. The amenities were nice, it had a cool bar in the lobby area and a sky bar on top with a great view of the city. Our room was nice but our friends room was nicer. If you stay at this hotel make sure you upgrade and get a view of the lake as well as a Kingsize bed. Those rooms also will have a nicer bathroom. You will pay an extra $30-$50 a night for these upgrades. I felt for what we paid we should been offered those extra upgrades already but we would have had to pay extra so I declined to upgrade. This is where I give the hotel 4 out of 5. I defiitely have been in nicer hotels around the world like Asia and even Europe for much less. The W at Lakeshore would be great during the warmer months as they have a beach right across the street. They also have a nice indoor pool on the 7th floor with a great outside balcony overlooking the lake. Whether or not I will stay at a W hotel again, I'm not sure, but it definitely needs to be on your list if you never have stayed there...just for the experience.
moneal moneal
Awesome location and view Mar 09, 2011
This is one of the most amazing locations I have ever stayed at in a city.

I had a king bed room which was very trendy with the typical W hotel colors. The bathroom had a sliding wooden door with a window which looks into the bedroom.

The most amazing part was that the Sunrise each morning was in my face. All i did was sit up straight and I had the sun rays hitting my face. It was the most perfect and direct view as long as you face the lake. Gave me a great opportunity to take some SLR shots. Not to mention, they have a great upscale lounge which is always buzzing with people dressed really well which makes it very inviting all-in-all.

Do not forget to accrue your Starwood points !
crosscountry crosscou…
Sep 04, 2009
Ahhhh, a Westin bed. If you have never stayed at a Westin Hotel you should try once just to sleep in one of their beds. Good location close by an pedestrian walkway to the beach and park next to the Navy Pier and walking distance to downtown. This hotel seems to have geared itself to the under 45 crowd and from the crowd in the lobby it looks like they are reaching their target. But even us over 45ers enjoyed the hotel.

The only negative was that the valet wasn't willing to point me to a self park garage. Oh well, valet was less then $20 more than the self park garages I saw walking around.
Eric says:
Thanks for your hotel reviews!
Posted on: Sep 24, 2009

W Chicago Lakeshore Overview

Centered strategically for both business and leisurely tourists, the W Hotel Lakeshore Chicago is within walking distance to some of the most historical and important sights of the Windy City. The Magnificent Mile and the John Hancock Center are just steps from the hotel, which overlooks lake Michigan and the Navy Pier. Oak Street Beach is also well within reach, as are the Art Institute, Wrigley Field, and the theater district. Those who are forced to work while visiting Chicago are within moments of the bustling financial and commercial districts of the city. The airport is within 30 minutes of the W Hotel Lakeshore Chicago, and onsite valet parking is available for a fee. Public transport is readily available.

The signature W Munchie Box awaits guests of the W Hotel Lakeshore Chicago, offering snacks and sandwiches of all sorts en-suite. Also standard are room service, Internet access, satellite television, and lake views.

There is an intimate restaurant onsite at the W Hotel Lakeshore Chicago, as well as a rooftop bar and lounge, a fitness and health center, an indoor swimming pool, and well rounded spa services.

W Chicago Lakeshore Amenities

• Desk
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Massage
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Pool Indoor