Vorobyevy Gory / Sparrow Hills

Kosygina, Moscow, Russia

Vorobyevy Gory / Sparrow Hills Moscow Reviews

Johnpro Johnpro
Bad luck ... Apr 14, 2012
Bad luck because had shower rain and a lot of fog !

If you have the good weather ally of course you will take a great view from the top of the hill !

A lot of stands around with many traditional babushkas (made in china of course , as everywhere )and many other small souvenirs . You can found good price of course after a strong bargain !

The view was to bad in the city of Moscow because had a lot of fog !

A big university in this area and a huge park for walking if the weather helps .

Also saw a lot of fast bike riders around there to show off them bikes :)

I upload some pictures to have a look .

I recommended to you only if the weather is clear !
Mixal Mixal
Panoramic view of Moscow Sep 23, 2011
Well, this was another disappointment. Just a nice view, nothing spectacular as some people said to us. I guess it's better not to have any expectations when traveling, huh? On a positive side, a lot of people were running and rollerblading by the river.

While we were disappointed, it was still fun, because it took us an hour to climb up and finally find that place from where you can see the city. We went up & down a couple of times & we got lost in the woods! It was our fault of course, but people who gave us (wrong!) directions didn't help either.

I reccommend you to take a closer look at MGU, the largest university in Moscow, which is also one of seven Stalin's buildings. It looks mighty and it's very close.

Another thing was the chairlift, which takes you down close to the metro station, but we couldn't get over our fear of heights! However, I advise you to take it, the view must be great and it's just a couple of minutes.
AlexTrekker says:
Personally I think MGU is what made the spot a spectacular one to me, though of course it's only sights with no particular attractions. It's absolutely massive, and the combination of the panorama and the university behind is splendid. The university gardens are also worth walking. Careful though, as you wander a bit too far into the campus you can quickly find yourself quite stranded, i.e. far from the nearest metro station. Plan ahead not be exhausted and cold when you realize you'll have to walk kilometers to the nearest station, like it happened to us in winter...
Posted on: Jul 09, 2013
lightlana lightlana
Top view on Moscow Jul 01, 2011
To go in the evening/night time:

- Moscow lights from the top;

- many streetraces and bikers;

- not so many tourists and many young people;

- romantic

To go in the day time:

- you'll ve able to see a lot of russian wedding couples;

- it's good for children (ice-cream and other sweets sellers);

- many tourists;