Volunteering in India

www.ladli.org - (91) 982-901-1124 or (91) 941-404-8817

Volunteering in India Jaipur Reviews

traveller142009 travelle…
Ladli Vocational Training Center Oct 13, 2011
One of our travel buddies was inquiring about volunteer opportunities without a fee and thought I'd do some research on the Internet to see if there were any such organizations in India since I also have a passion for volunteering and I was heading to India shortly.

My research led me to the Ladli's website and after reading what the organization stood for,I thought that this school represents something that I certainly could support and promote.

Ladli is a vocational training center for abused, orphaned and destitute girls. It is located in Jaipur, India, a city with a tradition of excellence in jewellery-making. The centre's girls possess remarkable aptitude and flair. They are taught in small groups and learn a variety of art techniques in a relaxed and healthy environment. They have fun and their self-esteem soars. Visitors can buy the crafts made by the girls, give customized orders or volunteer to teach and/or give a donation.

During my tour of northern India, we made a stop in Jaipur. Luckily I had some free time and after learning that this school is very close to our hotel, I took an auto rickshaw to see what the school was like. It's is somewhat hidden off the main streets so the rickshaw driver was not quite sure how to get there. We called the school and the assistant director drove his scooter to where we were and escorted us to the school. I was given a warm welcome with the red dot on the forehead and hot tea. Despite not having an appointment, I was shown around the school and allowed to spend some time visiting the girls. There were two female volunteers there from Europe and from the guest book, I noted that they receive visitors from all over the world.

There is no fee to volunteer here. You can volunteer directly at the school with no minimum time commitment. They do not provide housing but can assist you to find housing close to the center.

A great opportunity to volunteer to teach and and have a positive influence on these young ladies lives.
pocahontas69 says:
Hi, I am an ambassador for several projects in India which are very worthwhile. We do ask that you try to raise around £100.00/$150.00 simply to cover accommodation but arrange this yourself and i'm sure my colleagues would be very happy for the assistance.
We have projects in Delhi and in Uttarakhand in the mountains. Please visit www.peteindia.co.uk for more information.
Posted on: Mar 16, 2014