Vizyon City Hotel

Check Istanbul Hotel Deals

Vizyon City Hotel Istanbul Reviews

EmEm EmEm
So- so May 15, 2017
The Vizyon City hotel has a great location, it is only two minutes down the street from the Çemberlitaş tram station, and about ten minutes waking distance to the Sultanahmet Mosque or the famous Grand Bazaar.

At the reception I was greeted by friendly host Halil, a few hours before the room was ready. He allowed me to leave my luggage at reception, as I could sightsee Istanbul without lugging cases about. When I returned to the hotel late in the afternoon, the luggage waited for me in the room.

The room had large windows and was just above the street and entrance to the hotel, but no traffic noise or any other kind inside the hotel. It was pretty bright and clean. On the table in front of the mirror there was a tea maker and glasses with bags of Turkish tea and sugar. What a nice welcome! The room was equipped with a double bed, a chair, little TV, air-conditioning, a phone, minibar, safety-box and a very narrow cabinet. Towels and slippery waited on the bed, and shampoos, soaps, toilet paper in the bathroom. The private bathroom was small and with a shower and a hair dryer.

I did not notice any lack in the room until I laid down to sleep. The bed was short, probably by Turkish standards, so I had to lie diagonally with my legs.

In the morning at the breakfast time I met some fellow countrymen who told me some information about the city and the hotel. Halilbey was also the owner of another nearby hotel. Breakfast was included in the room rate. In a rooftop restaurant with a "nothing to see view" a young lady served a buffet breakfast, constantly bringing more food from the fridge as the guests empted the plates. So we ate hot boiled eggs and tea with ice-cold cheese and very fat salami. She was there all the time to clean after guests.

Staff organizes, among other things, city tours and outdoor excursions and arranges car rentals to Ataturk International Airport or the airport on the Asian side. There is a large selection of brochures and the city map at the reception. WiFi was free and available throughout the hotel.

The accomodation is ideal for budget travelers and those who want to spend hours outside and come back to sleep at night.

Address: Emin Sinan Mahallesi, Gedik Paşa Cami Sk. No: 52, 34123 Fatih, Istanbul, Turkey Phone: +90212638 04 44
BASAIC says:
I was staying on a Turkish Military Base and just made a couple of day trips in Istanbul. I do like budget, though.
Posted on: May 16, 2017
vicIII says:
I see it was a lucky choice!... Good for you!:)
Posted on: May 13, 2017