Vivace

(520) 795-7221.

Vivace Tucson Reviews

Africancrab Africanc…
Great Italian Cuisine Dec 22, 2009
The lively restaurant “Vivace”: I pride myself for having eaten in many restaurants around Tucson and continue to dine at new restaurants as well as old ones. Vivace blew my mind. Located at the Foothills in the Philips Center at River and Campbell this restaurant lived up to the recommendation of three of my friends. I have had an acquired taste for food lately (mostly due to changes in my medication), but even the meds could not restrict my taste buds once I sat to my meal here at Vivace. Let me tell you about my experience here . . .

I did not expect what I saw coming through the main entrance: I was met with a charming smile from a handsome waiter (yes, I do pay attention to beautiful people too, lol!) A great kitchen, inviting dinning area and a wine bar with great selections of wine (Italian selections I have not seen in a while), and smaller dining areas for couples and more intimate dining. I tried to compare it to Bella Luna and Ristoranti Italia, but none matched up. Like I have said I have dined in many restaurants in Tucson and I believe Vivace is ranking second if not best of them all. The service was quite simply excellent, as my friend Julie commended “the service is consistently great”, she would know because she and her learned lawyer friends dine here almost every other day. I can say I enjoyed my food thoroughly. I ordered the Stuffed Artichokes and had to wait a little bit (well a fault I can excuse because my food made up for the wait time). They serve complimentary warm bread with pesto which is delectible, Desire ate so much I was afraid she would not finish her main meal, so we ordered the gorgonzola pear salad, embarrassingly I ate much of the salad because it was quite simply put ’delicious’

I advise you call in a reservation because they are busy (well with their service and food, its no wonder). I decided to include the location here within the blog just in case (4310 North Campbell Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85718-6502. Telephone: (520) 795-7221. I rarely look up a restaurant review before going to it, one of the reasons being that people who are biased can spoil a good thing for you. I will however compare my own thoughts with other reviews after eating at a restaurant to see if what I find is related to what others felt. Well I can not tell you how delighted I was to dine at Vivace, the chief chef Scordato, is highly commended by many (not sure if he will be competing in Tucson’s Iron Chef, I totally think he should).

Great ambiance, stellar service. I loved the whole experience, lifted my rather down spirits. I should like to return when I’m in good health with less limitations to my diet and drinking, I quite enjoyed looking through their wine list even though I could not have wine. I bought a bottle of 2003 Montepulcano for when I can have it. We spent a total $57 including my bottle of wine. Not bad at all.

Average price: $25

Cuisiine: Italian

Dress code: Decent

Location: Agreeable

Anytime you read a review, keep an open mind. Remember always "One man's Meat, is another's Poison"

This was my "Meat".