Viva Taqueria

101 North Aurora Street, Ithaca, NY, USA
Viva Taqueria - Outdoor seating is in demand at Viva Taqueria
Viva Taqueria - Pig out at Viva Taqueria!
Viva Taqueria - Take out seating at Viva Taqueria
Viva Taqueria - Bar at Viva Taqueria
Viva Taqueria - Indoor seating at Viva Taqueria
Viva Taqueria - Plenty of fun decoration at Viva Taqueria
Viva Taqueria - Viva Taqueria!

Viva Taqueria Ithaca Reviews

vances vances
Viva Taqueria Jul 03, 2011
As mentioned in the blog, I noticed Viva Taqueria the first night on the town and between the lively crowds and lure of Mexican cuisine I had to check it out before departing Ithaca. A wise decision. Ordered a chicken salad smothered in pinto beans and their house salsa, which came with your choice of two dressings. I asked my waitress which she preferred and she claimed they were both superb, offering to bring me both on the side so I could render my own verdict.

Both dressings were phenomenal (the lime vinaigrette won), but I really appreciated the excellent service which afforded me the opportunity to judge. I mixed both dressings in, along with splatters from both varieties of hot sauce on the table and had a memorable feast. I’ve been largely disappointed with Mexican restaurants ever since we moved from Texas, but Viva Taqueria earned two thumbs up (even though I didn’t have traditional Mexican fare).

Don’t be intimidated by the packed outdoor seating when you walk up to Viva Taqueria - that seems to be the high demand section and I got seated indoors right away. They also have a take-out bar which even offers seating if you want to dash or don’t want to bother having anyone wait on you.
Outdoor seating is in demand at Vi…
Take out bar at Viva Taqueria
Take out seating at Viva Taqueria
Pig out at Viva Taqueria!
Vikram says:
Outdoor seats are always in-demand. The thing that annoys me in some rsnts is when you show up alone, they usher you in deep inside to a dingy seat.
sylviandavid says:
Hmmmm..... OK I could see where you might be soured on the idea of collecting Lime Vinagarette recipes... You are off the hook...
vances says:
Limey, I forgot to grab the recipe...but my defenses were down, Sylvia -- called my wife from the Moosewood the night before to ask if she wanted me to score another of their cookbooks, but she said she was good!

Check Ithaca Hotel Deals