Viva M'Boma

02 512 15 93

Viva M'Boma Brussels Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Viva M'Boma Mar 13, 2008
I had the good fortune to dine in a great restaurant where they serve very traditional Belgian and fantastic food. Viva M'Boma - meaning ‘vive la grandmere’ (long live the grandmother in bruxellois, the old dialect of Brussels).

The restaurant is almost all the time fully booked and it is not that big, so dont try to take a chance. A good advice given by the owner Katia Ruebens was to reserve at least 3 days before you go there. The chef at the place is Olivier Vanklemput.

The restarant is situated in an old butcher, and they have tried to stay very close to the original interior - so they have kept the white tiles everywhere. Even this the restarant is very cosy and will be perfect for a date. We were lucky and got a table close to the kitchen and had the ability to see how they cooked the food.

The food was absolutely fantastic - for my starter I had a paté made out of udders, it was just delicious and a first time for me ever. My main dish was a filet pure from New Zealand - I got it real "bleu" which means that the meat hardly hit the pan. The meat was so tender that my eyes could cut it. For desert I got a kiss of a virgin, which was meringue with a fabulous homemade strawberrys icecream. This was without a doubt the best meal I have had in a long long time.

Both the waiter(son of Katia) and the Katia were swift and very sweet, more than just friendly - always very careful and taking the time explaining about the food and the wine.

I will come back soon. The restarant is open from 12 to 14h30 and 19 to 22h30. Closed Monday evening, Tuesday evening, mercredi, dimanche.
The interior is kept in dark and w…
The interior is kept in dark and w…

Check Brussels Hotel Deals