Vittoria B&B

Vittoria B&B Rates and Deals

Vittoria B&B Rome Reviews

trippin_jen trippin_…
Vittoria BB, Rome 2009 Jul 09, 2012
Timing was probably not right during my visit to Rome. It was raining the whole day and made it so difficult to move about. 5 minutes walk from Termini station, or so they claimed. It was definitely further than that, unless their definition of ‘walk’ is to run at 30km/h. Nah, I’m just exaggerating. But if you’re there for the first time and did not get your bearings right, you could be spending 20-30 minutes walking around that area, trying your luck to get someone to give you the right directions.

For a young female who travels alone like myself, I must say that the surrounding area is rather intimidating. I could smell urine and beer stench, and the rain did not help at all.

I almost gave up with the hotel when I finally met a very helpful Chinese national who ran in the rain just to show me its exact location. I could remember clearly the green steel door that brings me into the B&B. Never have I experienced such an entrance, as I was expecting at least a simple reception welcoming me. But no, it was dark inside, and looks more like a car park to me. Even the lift looks old and rusty, similar to those we usually see on TV, with the back lanes and all. Well, there I was, and there was no turning back. And when I said ‘no turning back’, I literally could not turn my body once I entered the lift (or I would describe it as a moving cage). It was absolutely narrow and with my huge backpack, I could only move forward and backwards!

And then I met the Thai lady who runs this B&B. She seemed very nice and friendly and speaks fluent English. Although the place was really intimidating, I slowly adapted to the whole situation when I saw other young female tourists checking in and out of the B&B.

The room was huge – that is because I paid for a big room! 2 single beds and a sofa, with a TV, cupboard, writing table and an attached bathroom. Oh and they even provide extra pillows and blankets too! They probably expect backpackers to be sharing 1 room among 5-6 people.

The moment I got into the room, I could already smell a strong stench, in which I could not decide if it was coming from the toilet, or due to the rain which caused dampness.

Nevertheless, I had a good night’s sleep and a managed to ‘recharge’ myself for my hectic backpacking schedule. I didn’t have to worry about breakfast as it was brought to my room the next morning. A glass of milk, a glass of orange juice, a packet of biscuit and a packet of muffin, and a few other things which I can’t remember what they were as they were not appealing to me. But it was rather impressive.

The best thing about this B&B is that they provide detailed maps, suitable for tourist going free & easy. And they even allow you to use their computer and internet without any charges! Not bad at all!

I checked-out early the next morning, but they allowed me to keep my bag there until the evening. With this, I could have probably saved 8 Euros from keeping my bag in the train station locker.

I believe the Thai owner’s nice personality is the main reason for returning guests. Otherwise, the look of the entrance would have chased many away.

Check Vittoria B&B Rates and Deals