Vitton and Woodland Beach Resort

Check Donsol Hotel Deals

Vitton and Woodland Beach Resort Donsol Reviews

TravellinChic Travelli…
Poor customer service Apr 07, 2012
We arrived past 8pm at Vitton Resort where we are supposed to be booked, obviously tired from a long day tarvel from Daet since 8am.

When we finally went to the reception, we found out that we are supposedly booked at Woodland which is also owned by same owners of Vitton except that it's still farther away in a different compound. Since our ride already left and I'm a bit tired, I told the guy behind the desk that we should have been specifically informed that we are booked at woodland instead of Vitton so we could have gone there directly instead of having the hassle and waste of time of dropping there. We are tired, it's night and we have backpacks that are not light so it's not pleasant to hear that we should walk to the other resort which is still a considerable distance. I told him that he should have someone assist us which is the least they could do for the inconvenience they caused. He had someone made a car ready to bring us to the other resort.

Once there, we learned that we are being charged 20% extra bec it's peak season. The reception is not very warm and we are aware that considering it's peak season, it's not easy to find another place esp bec it's already evening and we're tired. I asked about the fanciest place around and were told it's Elysia (but fully booked).

Since there are three of us and the only available room is a double bedroom, Jeza arranged for an extra mattress upon booking. However, the receptionist is saying there is no available mattress anymore. Jeza got a bit angry about that and said they should do something about it considering she booked it that way.

She then agreed and brought one later to our room. The mattress is really just a mattress, not a bed so it's like sleeping on the floor with some cushion...I personally wouldnt choose nor agree to this but Jeza did. They just brought/delivered the mattress and the sheets. They didnt even put on the sheets on the mattress. It was Jeza and Jocelyn who did that, I just learned after I went out from the shower. Should I was there, I would have insisted they do that as part of the resort's servcie, for Godsake! Really poor service!

The room is on the second floor. It's ok. The sink is weirdly located outside the bathroom and on platform. The bathroom is ok, nothing special.

The room costed us Php2450 split to 3 people. It includes breakfast for 2 people and additional breakfast cost Php150/person which is choice on continental and filipino breakfast with instant coffee on self service.

For our breakfast, it seems only one person is serving. Not only was it very very slow bec theres only one serving and he is taking his sweet time on it...also, the gay guy is serving with a frown face and a bitchy attitude. I tried to be pleasant...for one thing I understand that people who are not trained well in customer service and is working alone would have such attitude. I dont condone it, but it's something you cant solve by being nasty as well.

Our friend supposedly ordered ahead when she went down before us but it turns out our order were not processed bec its no longer avail. So when I arrived and followed up, only then was it fixed...tsk tsk

The order took a really long while...prob 30mins and the other one is for packed lunch which didnt arrive even after we finished our breakfast. When we went up to "follow-up" I told the frowning guy that he must be quite stressed having to serve everyone by himself and he admitted this. I believe it kind of helped him serve us the "packed breakfast sooner bec after a few minutes he went back with the packed breakfast.

I dont really fancy this place. For me, servcie is quite important so I'm not sure if I'll check in again. It's not an acceptable excuse that they have a full house. They should have prepared for that. They seriously need to to get trained.
TravellinChic says:
Not professionally ran. :( Too bad coz it's the closest one to tourism office where u register for the whaleshark.
Posted on: Apr 14, 2012
wagslikeadog says:
Doesn't sound like a very professional place...
Posted on: Apr 14, 2012