Visiting Stockholm

Stockholm, Sweden

Visiting Stockholm Reviews

TJBromley TJBromley
Jun 28, 2007
Stockholm is quite possibly on of the most beautiful (and underated) cities in Europe. It isn't up there with popular city breaks because not many people think of it. But it is sooooo worth a look! I went for a week with my best friend, sort of by accident. We were going to meet friends there and then didn't. Had we have not planned to meet our friends there though, we probably wouldn't have thought to try it! Hostels there are very good but if you have the money I would recommend a hotel. The hotels aren't the cheapest in Europe by far but are worth the money and are much safer. The staff seem to be uber helpful in every hotel! We paid about £300 each for a week in a hotel but our flights cost £50 with Ryan Air! Everything else in Sweden is cheap! Food is cheap, and there's a huge selection, tourist attractions are cheap and there are so many to see! This is another very important a guide book! Tourist attractions aren't overly publicised in the city. Also, check when booking if you will be there during a national you will end up spending the day hungry in your hotel room! And please learn to say "hello", "goodbye" and "thank you" at least! Everyone in Sweden speaks fluent English but they are very keen on manners so you will need to make an effort to get help! Try and use the public transport to get further afield. Most attractions are within walking distance even though Stockholm is purely islands. But boats and trams are fantastic transport methods there! Other than that, see everything! We managed to see and do everything by precisely planning our week there. Our friends were there for 3 days and barely saw anything! In this city, going with a whim will turn sour...planning is everything!

Related Travel Blogs About Visiting Stockholm

Well, that date seemed never want to come.... I bought tickets for the concert in december 2008 and has been a long long wait, but the day arrived! Me and "Tacho" (my best friend and travel co…Stockholm was wonderful as usually, even with rain. I use to visit Stockholm once a year  and all the time… November?
I have always wanted to visit Scandanavia but was worried about the cost.  I had heard rumors for years about $10.00 beers, $14.00 glasses of wine and general expenses.  After collecting se…visit both the royal palace and several museums (Stockholm has over 70), buy a Stockholm card (available online…
Our full day in Stockholm, Sweden - Exciting
Today we are up for another adventure. We are going to explore the city of Stockholm today.We get up this morning and have breakfast. Since we are at campsite we are having a picnic breakfast by the …Stockholm, if you ask someone who has visited Stockholm the first word they would probably use to describe…

Check Stockholm Hotel Deals