Visit Capoeira Boa Vontade

Natal, Brazil

Visit Capoeira Boa Vontade Natal Reviews

silver-shadow silver-s…
Feb 01, 2008
Capoeira is typically Brazil. It's a combination between dancing and fighting, incredibly athletic. Boa Vontade is a foundation which teaches the children of the street capoeira, and therefor pull them out of the streets and into a save environment. They also learn to make clothes, build music instruments and speak and write english.

Going to Boa Vontade gives you mixed feelings. On one side you have an incredible evening with an amazing show from children of all ages. On the other side you also get to see the other side of Brazil. Behind the show there are just poor children. Who, fortunately, get the chance of making something of their lives.

Situated in the poorest area of Natal, it is very unadvisable to go to Boa Vontade yourself. Most likely you won't even get in. However, tour operators do have organised trips to the school which also garantee you the incredible show.

Besides the ability to buy clothes (capoeira training suits, sweaters etc.) to support them, which I would definitely recommend, they need one thing very much: love. When you go: participate. Dance, laugh, hug. Give them attention. The smile you get in return is priceless.
Me @ Boa Vontade 1
Me @ Boa Vontade 2
Capoeira @ Boa Vontade
HuBison says:
I just started taking capoeira classes and I love it. I hope to stick with it for a few years. I remember "Only the Strong" from way back in the day. My problem in class is that I seem to think too much.
Posted on: Nov 03, 2009
manklei says:
Me and my friend are going there, though we're Boa Vontade so i guess we have no troubles. No one ever told me what kind of place it is and we are gonna sleep there i heard..Can we actually leave our stuff there alone and so on?
Posted on: Dec 15, 2008