Visa

Siem Reap, Cambodia

Visa Siem Reap Reviews

Indabubble Indabubb…
Rip-Off Visa Scam at Cambodian Border Apr 03, 2011
Unfortunately i had the unpleasant experience of obtaining a visa from the Cambodian border of Siem Reap twice.

The first time i obtained my Cambodian visa at the border instead of doing this online before i left the UK. The 2nd i had overstayed my time in Thailand so i had to cross the border into Cambodia (and therefore obtain another Cambodian visa) before crossing back over into Thailand.

Both times the separate companies we travelled with stopped us before the border and tried to get us to pay an inflated amount by obtaining our visa's thru them. They tried to mislead us by saying visa's took days at the border (this is BS, they are done straight away at border control) and then when we refused to listen to them they got agressive and left us to walk the rest of the way to the border on our own.

After experiencing this the 1st time we specifically asked the next tour operator we booked thru to ensure we had a reputable bus firm who wouldn't make any stops before the border. This made no difference and we were again stopped 5 mins drive from the border at an "office" and told to fill in forms for the visa and hand over too much money. The people here were even worse than the last lot and i had to argue with them that i was meeting a friend at the border who had my visa. (they even had the cheek to ask for my friends number so they could check)

Save yourself the hassle by getting your visa online before you leave the UK or fly into the country.

Save youself the hassle of this by
iolakana iolakana
Apr 03, 2007
Get the E-visa before going to Cambodia. You do it all on the internet and it saves you mega time at the Siem Reap airport. It's not any cheaper than the regular visa but it is a time saver.

And remember to keep $25 US for the airport exit tax...
jpzo says:
Thank you! One note- looks like the link has changed slightly. Now it is: http://evisa.mfaic.gov.kh/
Posted on: Aug 28, 2010
JieZhang says:
I'll do it online before I leave. thanks a lot.
Posted on: Dec 08, 2008
aswold says:
Excellent tip!
Posted on: Aug 18, 2008

Related Travel Blogs About Visa

Arrival in Phnom Penh.....
So after a short time in Siem Reap we decided to head to Phnom Penh to sort out our visas for going back to Thailand. It was originally supposed to be a 3 week visit back to Siem Reap to go and work…Siem Reap we decided to head to Phnom Penh to sort out our visas for going back to Thailand. It was originally…
Siem Reap
Heading to Siem Reap by train wasn't a bad idea. From Hualamphong Station BKK, train left on time 5.55am, and luckily, food wasn't hard to find at that hour. I bought bread and thai te…Siem Reap the same way, tell the tuktuk driver to take you STRAIGHT TO BORDER! At border, making visa
Its a holiday in Cambodia....well more of a cultural awakening really!
So after 8 hours on a bus made it to Siem Reap. The border crossing was interesting, people hurrying all over the place. Traffic everywhere as usual. My thai visa has continued to confuse people - I…Siem Reap. The border crossing was interesting, people hurrying all over the place. Traffic everywhere as usual. My thai visa

Check Siem Reap Hotel Deals