Visa Information - Authoritative and Free
Visa Information - Authoritative and Free Mashhad Reviews
Free visa information for all nationalities and all countries Sep 17, 2005
Note: The internet references given below have since moved but you should find similar ones reasonably easily.
Unsure about the visa requirements for your destination? Or even transit point!! Well, here’s what’s probably the most authoritative source of information. In the airline industry it is called the TIMATIC database.
You will find it on the internet in on various airline websites, such as:
* Delta (Plan a Flight > International Travel Information > Visa/Passport Requirements)
* Continental (Home > Travel Information > Destination Information > International Travel > Documentation Requirements)
* Emirates (Traveller Information > Before you fly > Visas > Visa/Health information)
* Qantas (Flying with us > Before you travel > Travel requirements > Visas)
While the TIMATIC database is maintained by IATA, it doesn’t necessarily mean it is foolproof and you'll ultimately be at the mercy of who is behind the immigration desk at the border:
* I have been at the mercy of immigration officers who are ignorant of visa-free arrangements clearly advised by their embassies and on TIMATIC.
* I’ve also come across embassies that are ignorant of visa-free arrangements (while the immigration staff at the airport are aware of them).
On the other hand, airline check-in agents rely on TIMATIC to decide whether to accept you for a flight (in terms of visa considerations). So, if the embassy tells you that you don't need a visa ... be prepared to miss your flight if TIMATIC says that you do!!
Finally, carry a printout of the TIMATIC visa requirements ... it once saved my day when questioned by the authorities!
Part of the 2005 Iran travel blog
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!