Virginia Creeper Trail

Virginia Creeper Trail, Damascus, VA, USA

Virginia Creeper Trail Damascus Reviews

nylor nylor
17 miles on the Virginia Creeper trail Jan 31, 2012
Virginia Creeper trail is a 35 mile bike trail in Southwest Virginia and it is a great place to visit with family and friends. A colleague recommended this place as I was searching for activities to do around the area. I have lived in a small town in TN for the past year and I still have not explored the surrounding cities. A few weeks ago I decided to go ahead and make a small trip with friends.

The trail itself starts from Whitetop,VA to Abingdon, VA. You can either choose to complete the 35 miles or opt for the 17-miles trail. Since it was my first time and we were bringing small kids with us, I thought 17 miles would be a good option to start with. There are a few websites that can help you plan your trip too. (, is a good place to start.

The trail itself is quite easy to maneuver. You can even bring your kids. They can use their own bikes, make sure they wear helmets. For kids age 5 or below, a child trailer can be rented to be attached to the end of you bike if necessary. Make sure to a lot a whole day for this activity. It was a great day when we went there and I totally enjoyed the trail. The mountains, the scenery, the creeks, and old bridges was just beautiful. You can totally appreciate nature. bet that it is more beautiful in the fall.

Overall, this was a great experience. You can be assured that you will be happily exhausted at the end of the trail. :)
And here we are!