Virgin Atlantic Airways

Los Angeles, California

Virgin Atlantic Airways Los Angeles Reviews

Africancrab Africanc…
Think twice before booking Apr 21, 2009
LHR-NBO-LHR-LAS: After debating seriously whether or not to travel on Virgin Atlantic of British Airways, I decided to save $300 by flying Virgin Atlantic. Little did I know that the $300 I saved would have bought me respect and better service?

Well the flight to London was uneventful and we arrived as scheduled. My bags were checked through to Nairobi. However when in London Heathrow the lines for normal check in seemed to be moving a lot faster than mine – which was the line for those who did not have bags to check-in. That did not bother me much since I had two hours go go through the check points.

What was frustrating was that on the return leg, I was informed that the flight departure times had been changed due to air traffic problems, now I was going to miss my connecting flight to LA. The customer service team did not seem that concerned, one of them told me I was not the only one on the flight that would be missing a connection. Granted I was not, so I asked what was being done about the connecting flights “you will have to take care of it when you get there Ma’am” he replied. In as much as I do not like BA, I would rather have been on a BA flight that day.

My girlfriend however has only good reviews for Virgin Atlantic. I would encourage anyone booking a flight to check out the reviews before buying a ticket to save cost or otherwise. This was my first and only Virgin Atlantic flight so I can not bee too critical. Besides, the plane was clean and the attendants smiled on occasion. There is always the good and bad. My experience was not the best, but not the worst either . . .

PS: Think twice if you have an important business meeting to attend at your final destination.
Africancrab says:
O yes I did, but then again it could have been worse. I always try to find something good but it is hard when you are stuck in a situation to find something positive about it. Thanks for the comment.
Posted on: Apr 22, 2009