Village Hotel Katong by Far East Hospitality

25 Marine Parade Rd, Singapore, Singapore
Village Hotel Katong by Far East Hospitality - Superior room. A spacious one.
Village Hotel Katong by Far East Hospitality - The lobby.
Village Hotel Katong by Far East Hospitality - Bathroom.
Village Hotel Katong by Far East Hospitality - At the end of this lobby, it connects to a mall.
Village Hotel Katong by Far East Hospitality - Toiletries.
Village Hotel Katong by Far East Hospitality - Shower room.
Village Hotel Katong by Far East Hospitality - Another side of the lobby.

Check Singapore Hotel Deals

Village Hotel Katong by Far East Hospitality Singapore Reviews

ariwardani ariwarda…
clean, large room, free shuttle bus Dec 19, 2013
I booked this hotel via Agoda.com. The rate for Superior room is USD 171.225(around IDR 2,084,664 with USD 1 = IDR 12,175) per night per room. I booked 2 rooms. One for my parents and the other one for my family.

Village Katong hotel has a shuttle bus to Changi airport. That is really handy so we don't have to drag our luggage to MRT and it is free. It's far from downtown but it's fine for us because we don't need to go to downtown at the time we were staying there. We arrived at the evening and after having dinner just go to bed directly to sleep.

What makes me feel discomfort is when the check-in staff tried to sell upgraded rooms to us which costs "only" SGD 600 more per room. She tried it hard and she did it again and again, like 3 or 4 times before she finally gave-up trying to persuade me to upgrade.

I didn't want to upgrade. I think the room size is more than enough for us (2 adults and 2 children). We rarely used 2 rooms that makes us stayed separately with the children. From our experiences, it was hard not to go back and forth from one room to another and not every hotel has available rooms with connecting doors.

Besides the check-in process that gave me hard times, rooms are very clean with modern design, new furnitures and it is huge. Space is one luxury thing that hardly find when you are staying in Singapore. This hotel doesn't have problems with the size of the rooms or the lobby. The bellboy and the shuttle bus driver are very friendly and tried to help a lot with information about direction to the harbour.

Overall, it is a nice stay at Village Katong Hotel except the check-in lady "incident".
The lobby.
The lobby entrance.
Another side of the lobby.
At the end of this lobby, it conne…
monky says:
Congrats on your featured review Ari! have a great start of 2014 all the best:D
tour_guy says:
Congrats on your featured review!
Travel2014 says: