Village Hostel

Check Paris Hotel Deals

Village Hostel Paris Reviews

dearjohn dearjohn
Decent hostel for Paris Apr 01, 2012
Because I arrived in Paris two days earlier than I had planned, I wound up booking Le Village for two nights before moving on to St. Christopher's.

Finding decent hostels in Paris was tougher than I imagined. The few with above average ratings are fairly far from the city center and Le Village is no exception. Located in Montmartre, the hostel is a couple metro changes from most major sites, but this is something you get used to in a big city like Paris. The hostel is a couple blocks from Sacre Coeur (maybe the best view of Paris), but the neighborhood is a little sketchy. Lots of loiterers by day. When I followed the directions to the hostel from the metro stop, I walked through an alleyway where a homeless guy started peeing in my general direction. Welcome to Paris!

I felt safer after I checked in and had been in and out of the neighborhood a few times, but you definitely remain vigilant. There is a good market right across from the hostel.

The hostel itself? Well, it was clean, had free wifi downstairs, but that's about it. Decent character in the common rooms and a nice staff, but there was nothing special about the place. There is some kind of a bar downstairs, although there wasn't much to bring the few strangers together. I found out later that there is a pub crawl organized nearby, but I never went.

For Paris, Le Village seemed to be better than some of the filth I read about on the internet, but I definitely preferred St. Christopher's in all aspects (see review).

Check Paris Hotel Deals