Villa St Clement The Lesser Ohrid

Villa St Clement The Lesser Ohrid Rates and Deals

Villa St Clement The Lesser Ohrid Reviews

Chokk Chokk
A fabulous stay for a fair price Aug 20, 2010
I knew that I was heading for Ohrid all the way because if I had one more goal than just visiting Macedonia and Serbia then it was to tour the Ohrid Lake and by that I knew that I had at least to stay there for minimum two nights.

While I was in Skopje I booked Villa Mal Sveti Kliment or Villa St. Clement the Lesser on booking.com after some pretty good reviews; it had been important for me that it was situated centrally and that I had an understandable address so I could find it once there.

I arrived in the late afternoon and had communicated with the hotel regarding the parking of my car. They had instructed me to park at the square down at the harbour where I should take a token, which gave me also some guidance to where the hotel was situated; the parking was free for the hotel customers. I walked with the google map printout and it didn’t take me too long the find the hotel.

The hotel was situated in the middle of the old town in the walking area. The hotel was nicely modernized recently and it was situated a bit uphill with a view over the old town, the harbour, the Lake and the mountains. The house was white with balconies all covered in red flowers; it looked pretty neat. Right in front of the Hotel there was a very small and nicely kept old church.

I checked in with a very nice lady that spoke pretty good English and she showed me to my room. She gave me two keys, one for the front door and one for my room. I entered and I was really pleasantly surprised; the room was huge and with loads of windows making it quite bright.

There was also an airco, so I didn’t have to worry about the heat. The bed was a king size nicely decorated with pillows and stuff. The bathroom was small but had everything you needed, but the best was the small balcony with a small round table and two chairs; from there you had a fabulous view over the lake and the sun right in your face most of the day. The TV had around 100 different channels and many of those were German.

I took a cold beer from the mini bar and went to the balcony and smiled at my fortune, I was quite pleased about the room yet again. I didn’t stay for long in the room because I wanted to see some of the town as well. It didn’t take 2 minutes to walk to the city centre and just around the corner there were a grocery store if I had wanted to shop.

I came back right after midnight and stayed for a while on the balcony and enjoyed the full moon over the lake.

One of the best things with this hotel was that they didn’t had a place to eat breakfast so every day before 18 you ordered what you wanted on a list and when you called on the internal phone system a maid would come up with the breakfast and arrange it on a tray on your balcony. I found that awesome.
The hotel
The breakfast
The view from the balcony
A part of the room
Chokk says:
Joshua, you should :)
Posted on: Mar 26, 2011
vagabond07 says:
nice review, i will stay here when i visit Ohrid:)
Posted on: Mar 26, 2011
Chokk says:
Yet a little gem:)
Posted on: Sep 03, 2010

Villa St Clement The Lesser Ohrid Overview

Exclusive 4-star villa, located near the entrance of the old city of Ohrid called Lower Gate, in a quiet alley away from the traffic but just a 50 to 100 steps from the lake and the most exclusive cafés and restaurants where BB, HB and FB are available.

It has seven rooms, four of them are apartments with sleeping and seating area, 2+2 beds and a balcony with excellent view at the lake, port and the square. Two rooms 2+1 bed and one room with 2 beds.

The villa is equipped with central heating with individual temperature regulating.

All rooms have air conditioner, bathroom, fan, cable TV, mini-bar, safe deposit box, direct telephone, security button, Laptop computer, laundry, massage, tourist guide, taxi boat and shuttle service are available.
The morning coffee or tea, croissant, juice, wireless internet and fitness&bodybuilding with professional trainer in the fitness club "Fitform" are free.

Getting to Villa:

Getting to the villa is relatively difficult to explain due to the complexity of the street network in the old town, but you can call the staff and you will be welcomed at a known location. For example the Square which is within 1 min walking distance from the villa.

Breakfast is served in the rooms, a European breakfast (croissant fruit juice coffee tea). It can also be arranged at a nearby restaurant. Lunch and dinner can be also arranged at the restaurant.

Villa St Clement The Lesser Amenities

• Desk
  • Facsimile
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Massage
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Free Parking