Villa Marmarine

www.marmarine.jp - (035) 480 9167

Villa Marmarine Siquijor Island Reviews

rheagirl rheagirl
Your Home Away from Home Jan 18, 2013
Villa Marmarine is the Lonely Planet's pick for Siquijor accommodation in 2011. Curious about why it was chosen, i immediately searched the net about the resort's history and guest testimonials.

I am very glad to have booked our 2-night stay at Villa Marmarine.

The reception area overlooks the white sand beach with blue green water which is a sight to behold. Our cottage named Tomo accommodates 4 persons for a very reasonable price. It comes with a clean, spacious bathroom with hot & cold shower. The elevated self-contained kitchen with 4-seat table, the wooden ceiling/floor & mezzanine, the beds covered with mosquito nets, the veranda with wooden chairs overlooking a grass covered surroundings with coconut trees give a homey feel. My companions told me that I have picked a perfect place for us and that they prefer stay in the resort than taking the island tour.

Villa Marmarine has its own dive shop, restaurant, computer shop (free use of laptops), wi-fi could be a bit weak inside the cottage. The owner and staff are genuinely accommodating and cheerful. But what has captured my interest of deciding to book here is the impressive generosity of the owners, Daman and Marie Harada. Please read how the couple have helped the community of Siquijor. http://www.marmarine.jp/en/aisatu.html

On our last day in the resort, the Japanese couple are having lunch together with the staff (working students) of Villa Marmarine. They are happily chatting and cracking jokes at one another. I was told that they do that every Sunday. It's a testament of how harmonious is the relationship between the employee and employer.

I will be back to Siquijor someday and will definitely stay once again at Villa Marmarine. I love the place and the fact that by staying so i am doing a favor for the children of Siquijor through Daman and Marmarie.
westwind57 says:
What a nice review, Rhea. Not only informative, but in the way you write about it, you also express the feel of the place, and i think many of us prefer a place that feels so nice and friendly above an expensive resort. Thanks, and well deserved that this review got featured too... :)
Posted on: Feb 04, 2013
baliw-katok says:
Glad to read this positive review ... as i also booked this resort. Still 2 months to go ...
Posted on: Feb 04, 2013
rheagirl says:
hey buddies, thank your for the congrats! :))
Posted on: Feb 01, 2013

Compare Larena Hotel Rates (5.3km away)

Villa Marmarine Map