Villa Loti Coconut House

Check Siem Reap Hotel Deals

Villa Loti Coconut House Siem Reap Reviews

MeiYen MeiYen
La Villa Loti Coconut House Feb 02, 2010
I was recommended of this charming place called La Villa Loti by another TB. They claim that they are neither a hotel nor hostel but more of guest-hotel. The hotel provides one way complimentary transfer from the airport to the hotel. Imagine our surprise when we were transferred from the airport to the hotel by tuk tuk, interesting though. Rates come with breakfast too.

There are only eight rooms and all are quite spacious, with verandas. My sister and I shared a room on the ground floor but I noticed that on the second floor at the terrace, there’s a hammock which I would love to check out but at that time all rooms are taken. We were given the middle room on the ground floor, though charming, the room is quite dark hence we pay a little difference to get the corner room where there’s more window and natural sunlight. All rooms come with private bathroom. The water pressure is not great though. The beds comes with mosquito nets, my sis was thinking that it looks great till I told her that the reason they have that is that there’s going to be lots of mossies around. Bring along some mosquito repellent! Mossies doesn’t freak me out so much, but when I see a big gecko in front of my room when I opened the door that freaks me out a little. I am definitely not a fan of geckos and lizards. The little froggies living in the potted lilies doen’t bug me as long as they don’t jump on me!

Since it’s a small place, you bet the staff there would be lovely and welcoming. There is no TV or phone in the room so if you need anything, you will need to walk to the reception area.

To get to town, we took the tuk tuk which cost about USD 1.50 to USD 2 per way. It’s about 5 minutes to town.

It is rather dark though when we got back after a night in town. Security is good though as when you get back, they will check if you have the keys before you enter the coconut house, that’s another name they call it.

The coconut house is owned by a couple, husband’s French and the wife’s Cambodian, the lady of the house spoke faltering English but fluent French. The manager of the place is Sona, a lovely lady who at that time when we were there seems to be the only one around, multi-tasking, checking in and got us our breakfast too.

If you love the greens and into traditional architecture, I would recommend this place. If you hate geckos as much as I do, then think twice. No doubt it’s still a lovely place.
Tuk Tuk transfer from aitport to h…
Surrounding area
magnificent says:
I like all creatures, animals, and people.
Posted on: Apr 04, 2010
MeiYen says:
Thanks! Do you like geckos? :D
Posted on: Mar 28, 2010
magnificent says:
Your review is is well put and helps me to see a good example. Thank you Michelle
Posted on: Mar 27, 2010
lrecht lrecht
Villa Loti Coconut House Sep 22, 2006
Villa Loti Coconut House

The Villa Loti Coconut House is a beautiful little guest house with nice sized teak rooms with a large, four poster bed and a very clean bathroom. The rooms have really nice balconies with hammocks and pillows and the entire guesthouse is in a gated garden environment with a little bar area and a nicely decorated breakfast area.

The staff here is very, very friendly and helpful and most of them speak English very well. It is located on the banks of the river a bit far from the main, touristy part of Siem Reap but on the road to Angkor Wat. It is probably about a 20 minute nice walk or a three minute tuk-tuk drive ($3 round trip and the driver will wait while you shop or dine) into town.

They will pick you up at the airport if you make reservations in advance. Also, they can arrange taxis, guides of Angkor, free bikes (not in the best condition but serviceable for a day of cruising around the temples at Angkor.) Rooms are a little pricey for Siem Reap at $44 for a double but we had a really nice stay here.

Highly Recommended! Website is at