Villa Jagerhaus

Check Hohenschwangau Hotel Deals

Villa Jagerhaus Hohenschwangau Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Smack down in the Middle of a fairytale Aug 25, 2010
While I was in Udine I had decided that my next goal would be the proximity of the fabulous Schloss Neuschwanstein also known as Neuschwanstein Castle. As a searched on the internet I found most of the rooms quite expensive until I found an offer at Villa Jägerhaus in Hohenschwangau on Booking.com.

I decided to drive over the mountains and using the most of the day on it for the 550 km from Udine. When I arrived in Hohenschwangau, I actually thought that I arrived in an amusement park instead of a village. There were people everywhere, and most of them were tourist like me, armed with cameras and stepping out in front of the car all the time.

I quickly found the Villa Jägerhaus and parked in front of another hotel; the Hotel Lisl. I went to the door on Villa Jägerhaus and it stated that I should contact the reception at hotel Lisl and so I did. In the reception a unmeaning funny guy greeted me. He was very service minded almost too much; explaining me everything.

He gave me the key to the house and room number 44, which was on ground level, explained me about the free of charge parking they had 50 meters from the Villa Jägerhaus and gave me a large sign to put in the window. There were no Wi-Fi in the hotel room but it was free of charge in the lobby and in the bar.

I took my stuff and checked out my room. The room was okay on size; it was the first single size room I booked on the trip but it had a king size bed. The room was decorated in a German Schloss romantic style if there is something called that but it was neat. There was a huge flat screen and a small bathroom which was really nicely put together. The only thing was that the room was really warm because of the sun and there was no airco.

I left my stuff and went back to park my car in front of the Galleria behind a gate that they had given me a key to as well. I decided to look at the sites of the little village before returning to the hotel again. I was in a really relaxed mood; it was a totally relaxed village that look like a miniature Bayerische amusement park.

I went to the first gasthaus near the tourist office but they closed at 7 pm!! The only places that was open where the places that had a hotel or a bed & breakfast attached to them, so I found one of those and had a couple of German beers. When I returned to my hotel room the maid had been there and made my bed! I was not prepared for that but it was quite nice; my bed was fluffed up like nothing I had seen before and she had left a cone with lovely chocolates, but the room was still really warm.

Being on the ground level and having the street just in front me, meant that I only opened the window while I was there. I left the room and decided to have my meal at the Hotel Lisl and that turned out to be great. I returned to my room afterwards because there was not much to do afterwards in the village. This is quite general on the German countryside, people get up early instead.

I had a very warm night in the hotel room; too warm but I managed to sleep anyway. I was woken quite early by tourist in hordes in front of my window. I was on the path to the Schloss Neuschwanstein and that was it. I took a quick shower and crossed the street to the breakfast room where I had a wonderful breakfast.

It was a wonderful hotel but I had gotten the one room which was too warm and because it was on ground level it was not easy to have open windows; I told them to get an airco for future summer guests but I guess at wintertime it will not be an issue; so only watch out for room 44 in the summer.
The Hotel entrance
The bed when I arrived
My room
The bathroom
missandrea81 says:
Very nice. Sorry it was too hot. Germany is still way behind on the AC part. :) But it is a lovely little town. I think I ate at the same restaurant you did and it was fantastic.
Posted on: Sep 05, 2010
bernard69 says:
this review(perhaps the castle one is coming) brings back good memories!
Posted on: Sep 04, 2010

Villa Jagerhaus Overview

The four star Villa Jagerhaus Hotel is your choice if you want to live like a king. It has been renovated in 1994. The hotel offers 12 wonderful rooms and junior-suites decorated in the style of the end of last century.

The Jaegerhaus is an annex to the s'Schlosshotel LislsS. All facilities that the Schlosshotel Lisl has to offer can be enjoyed by the guests staying in the hotel.

The upper-class hotel offers a very special atmosphere in its romantic location between the Royal Hohenschwangau and Neuschwanstein Castles.

This upper-class hotel offers a very special atmosphere in its romantic location between the Royal Hohenschwangau and Neuschwanstein Castles. The buffet breakfast is served at the Ludwig Salon. Enjoy the different tastes! Also the hotel offers a parking area for the guests. In the exclusive Schwanen Bar you can enjoy your drink after your check-in.

Villa Jagerhaus Amenities

• Walking
  • Hiking
  • Desk
  • Jacuzzi
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes