Villa Italia

Villa Italia Rates and Deals

Villa Italia Siofok Reviews

cgorac cgorac
villa with apartments for rent at the Lake Balaton, Hungary Sep 07, 2009
Villa Italia is situated in Siofok town, on the southern border of Balaton lake in Hungary; we (my family, which means my wife and myself, as well as our 2 boys) spent a week there in the second half of Aug 2009, in a 4-bed/2-room apartment (apartment #4, at the second floor). The position of the villa is very good, as it's 50m from the beach, and on the other side it is in rather quiet part of the city - the city is somewhat known for its nightlife, so it was important for us to find accommodation in some quiet part of it (but on the other side - that meant that it was hard to find a supermarket, or exchange office, or something alike, around too). The position of the town is also pretty good, as it easy to reach northern border of the lake, and one could also reach the Budapest by car in about 1.5 hours too, for daily tour. Our overall impression on the villa, and our apartment in particular is OK - the villa was just freshly renovated, so everything was exactly like in pictures one could find on their Web site (http://www.villa-campana.com/vi_bemutatkozas_en.html); note that there is a restaurant on the ground floor, where the breakfast is server - we've been afraid that it could be noisy at the evening (as our windows were exactly over the terrace of the restaurant), but that was not the case. On the other side, there were two or three small issues that really hurt our experience. First, the staff is not so good in English - this is actually typical for Hungary, and lake Balaton area in particular, as they were traditionally oriented to German tourists, so it's not that easy to find someone fluent in English; in any case, it makes the communication needed with the staff really hard, and makes them even looking plain un-friendly from time to time. Second, after arriving, we learned that the Wi-Fi access is actually not available at all on our floor - and I asked explicitly, when booking, about Wi-Fi access (as I really have to check my mail everyday because of my job, and as we're used to connect for an hour or so at the evenings when traveling, in order to plan for the next day), and I was told that it is available; now, this really hurt our vacation - the access was available on the ground floor and on the first floor, and eventually I was even able to catch signal in a very particular place in our apartment (hint: check in the smaller room, around bottom part of the beds), but that was just not the same. Third, we had our linen not changed at all across 8 nights, which really makes no sense, especially throughout the summer season. So, our overall impression was so/so at the end, but I'd still say the villa is OK for shorter stay, and if you double-check in advance for all the amenities you may need.

Villa Italia Overview

The Villa Italia is located on the southern banks of Lake Balaton, only 50 meters from the beach. The hotel is located in one of the quieter areas of the city, yet offers easy access to local attractions. The rose gardens and parks can be found quite nearby. The Villa Italia offers a complimentary airport shuttle. The nearest international airport is located just over the nearby Budapest border. The hotel also offers easy access to the Siofok public bus and train stations, which can easily escort guests to nearby points of interest.

Each of the guestrooms at the Villa Italia includes unlimited wired Internet access. Rooms also include satellite television and refrigerators. All rooms offer private bathrooms and many also include balconies.

Guests of the Villa Italia will find that Siofok offers many shopping and dining choices. Onsite, guests will find that breakfast is served in each guestroom. The hotel also offers bicycle rentals, massage service, and a currency exchange.

Villa Italia Amenities