Villa Boheme

Check Culebra Hotel Deals

Villa Boheme Culebra Reviews

andrejav andrejav
Villa Boheme Guest House Dec 08, 2013
Villa Boheme Guest House is a nice establishment on the other side of the Culebra town right after the draw bridge. Views from the balcony were just right for the morning or evening chill out. Just imagine sailboats in the front of you and sun creping slowly with its light over the surrounding hills.

We stayed here only one night because of the bad weather and it was good experience. We were only two guests in the whole place, but it is probably very full and busy during the high season. Location is very central, 50m from the draw bridge that connects the island and only 5 minutes walk to the harbor and ferry and some 10 minute walk to the airport. Grocery store is very close and there is one cool bar/restaurant with good sea food right next to the hotel. You can see huge tarpon fish at the dock, waiting for leftovers to be thrown to them from the restaurant.

Blue wall separates guest house from the street, and entrance is a small green door that comes to my shoulder (if that) so I had to band over every time coming in or out. Villa is pretty big and has variety of apartments that are all placed towards the water. Whole place is very clean and well maintained. Our apartment had huge bed and nice living area with the well equipped kitchen and refrigerator. Bathroom was a bit small, but well designed and clean. As I understood, hot water comes from the sun heaters, and it takes a bit time for the warmer water to come to you, so open the hot water and wait couple minutes… We had an HUGE fan in the room that looked like spaceship and had different modes and temperature sensitive speeds… interesting device, but waste of money as far as I am concerned. Small balcony was big enough for two chairs and that is enough to chill and enjoy the environment. Windows have thick blinds so you can keep the room in the dark if you’d like to sleep longer. Area is quiet so you will have your peace. You could stay here for a while with great deal of privacy and everything you need.

Dock area is also very nice to chill and relax during the day or evening. You could possibly go in the water, but it was not that nice for me (I prefer the beach and there are some perfect beaches on the island). There was surprisingly little mosquitoes in the area. There is also an good size communal kitchen for the rooms without one and it looked ok. I have seen few kayaks laying around so it is probably possible to rent them and go around the harbor, but I did not ask about it.

People that run the place are very relaxed about the place and mostly you won’t find anyone in the office. Security is enforced with the cameras and in general people in Culebra are pretty honest. I would gladly come back here again.

Check Culebra Hotel Deals