Villa Bayoud

Villa Bayoud Rates and Deals

Villa Bayoud Pondicherry Reviews

ramit ramit
A Heritage Villa facing the Arabian Sea Aug 12, 2011
The hotel I stay in forms an important part of any vacation I plan so looking for a hotel in Pondicherry was equally important .There were some local holidays coming up so finding a good hotel was becoming very tough . The one that I had wanted to book myself into was sold out for the days so finally after a lot of research I zeroed down on Villa Bayoud .. a heritage property .

The first look of the property as I got down from my cab did not disappoint me ... The Villa Bayoud had the look & feel of a true heritage villa in the French Quarters of Pondy right on the Promenade facing the Arabian Sea .

It was a villa allright ... a small reception in the front veranda with a friendly Villa manager there to welcome & check me in . Even though I did not have a Sea facing room he offered to give me one for two nights since the guests who had booked for it would be coming in only then ... rarely happens that they offer it themselves !!! So now I had this room with a small balcony opening up on the Promenade & facin g the Sea ... brilliant !!!

This room was a simple room painted all white with a traditional high Indian bed , an LCD screen and a clean bathroom . The Villa has a kitchen with a fixed menu breakfast & dinner ( which you have to inform them in advance if you want to eat there ) . So essentially when you stay here you don't eat here ... They have a small courtyard in the middle with two umbrellas & coffee tables for you to just relax ... have your tea & coffee or sit around reading a book .

After two nights I was shifted to a room in the main building facing one of the streets . This room was better furnished though & even the bathroom was better .

The Villa Bayoud is like a 'Home away from home' .. so essentially if you wanna stay at a French Villa by the Sea without expecting 'Hotel like service' ... it is a wonderful place to stay and get a feel of living in a home in Pondycherry with some people to help you , give you hot tea & serve breakfast .

They will also help you arrange for a scooty or get you a pizza from the market if you dont feel like going out to eat . I quite enjoyed my stay after having lived in typical hotels in many cities around the world :)
The Courtyard in the middle of the…
Stairs going up to the Sea Facing …
Thats me :)