Vila Veselova Hostel Ljubljana

Vila Veselova Hostel Ljubljana Rates and Deals

Vila Veselova Hostel Ljubljana Reviews

andrewnewsome9 andrewne…
My favorite place to stay in the city Mar 18, 2014
We stayed here last summer i believe, during June. 4 of us drove to Ljubljana from Italy and stayed here for 2 nights. As soon as we walked in the friendly receptionist greeted us and offered free drinks and a brief new-commers welcome, so we happily obliged. We ended up meeting other guests who had just arrived and were told about all the things to see and places to go in and outside of the beautiful city. We declined the tours as we wanted to just be free for the weekend. They did not push them on us but left the invitation open. We went up stairs to find a nice large room with many large windows. There were 8 beds in the particular mixed room, each had their own large footlocker and reading light. they provided towels and water free of charge. The bathroom was a little crowded with 3 or 4 sinks, 3 toilet stalls next to 2 shower stalls. It was strange for me being an American to shower next to a female using the toilet stall next to me but i got over it. The Air Conditioning was not on at the time and it got pretty toasty at night, though when we opened all the windows a heavenly breeze swept through the entire place and you could smell the food from the city centre. They had a full kitchen for personal use and computers as well as a library full of local books and travel journals, a lovely balcony for smokers/lounging with a nice view of the neighborhood as well as a large patio with super comfortable furniture which i will admit i spent almost an entire afternoon napping on. The walk from the Hostel to the city centre is about 10 minutes. I know for a fact there are closer accommodations but the walk was nice as well as safe. you walk past some museums/parks and really amazing architecture on the way, which is why we travel in the first place right? Checking out was not a hassle, the staff was extremely polite and always available and the building is really cool looking, reminds me of the house from the movie Matilda.
Beauuuuuutiful Slovene women!
View from the Fort
the dormroom
vixen2306 vixen2306
Cosy and comfy Apr 30, 2013
I chose this hostel as a base for Slovenian trip cause it was conveniently located within easy walking distance (10 minutes) from the city center and provided free on site parking.

From the very first moment of checking in, the staff was extremely helpful and willing to provide ideas on what to see and what to do in Slovenia. On our first day we've been invited to take part about in the celebration of Workers' Day taking place on top of the hill. It was supposed to be live music, local food and fireworks. Brilliant suggestion to get into the mood of Slovenia.

The hostel has 3 floors with a reception, a common area and a balcony being located on the first floor. Each of the floors had a separate bathroom facilities and kitchen facilities. Additionally, there was an internet station based on second floor. Internet use was not an issue though, as the hostel has free wi-fi available throughout.

As per booking request, we were both accommodated to the same room located up in the attic part of the hostel. The room was 4-bed dorm very pleasantly decorated in blue. It had 4 single beds rather than bunk beds which was very convenient. Linen and towels were provided with no extra charge. We were lucky to have the room to ourselves for the first 2 nights.

Next to the room was a small private kitchen which included all necessities like fridge, cutlery, crockery and even varieties of tea, coffee, sugar and basic cooking products. The kitchen was shared with another room in the attic, but no one else except of us used it during our stay.

We also had a small private bathroom with shower, washbasin and toilet. Yet again. it was shared with the other room, but there was only one other person who used it during our stay.

The bedroom, kitchen and bathroom were always clean and tidy as they were being maintained every day.

The price per night - £16.50 which is reasonable considering hostel's location and free parking they offer.

I would definitely book my stay again in the hostel was I to return to Ljubljana.
Common area
Attic 4-bed dorm
Attic kitchen
joseph98 joseph98
Not as good as we hoped... Oct 22, 2012
Vila Veselova had come highly recommended prior to our departure, so we figured it would be the best place to stay.

Its location is superb, definitely, and the breakfast/common room is tastefully decorated with lots of useful information on Slovenia, plus nice little touches like a book swap facility for guests.

So far so good, you may think. But there were two main things that spoiled our experience. First, our room was very close to the common room area and guests in there were being very noisy (shouting and screaming drunkenly) late in to the night. That in itself is fine - these things happen - but there is no way to 'block out' the noise if you are staying in the room. There was a sign that said for guests to leave the common room by 10:30pm so that people in adjacent rooms could sleep, but this rule was obviously ignored and not enforced. When we mentioned it to a member of staff the next morning she shrugged and said 'wear earplugs'...

Which brings me on to the other issue: the staff. Boy were they unfriendly! I never EXPECT staff to be fawning and smiley all the time, but they routinely ignored guests and seemed reluctant to engage in conversation when we asked them questions.

When I wrote a review on Hostelworld afterwards, they replied (and credit to them for taking the time to reply I suppose) "sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your stay, but we think you're wrong". Needless to say, that didn't particularly impress me.

It's a shame because it does have a lot going for it. I did stay here back in 2012 so perhaps it has improved in the mean time, and I'm sure I'd have enjoyed it more if I was in one of the upstairs bedrooms.

Vila Veselova Hostel Ljubljana Overview

Small villa in the embassy area of city center. Renovated interior enriched with original 100 years old decoration of the villa representing the soul of Ljubljana - modern but traditionally charming.

Vila Veselova Hostel Amenities

• Laundry service
  • Bicycle Rental
  • Excursions
  • Garden
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower
  • Security and video surveillance in public areas
  • Paid Parking