Vieux Carre Pizza

Vieux Carre Pizza - bottom crust was burned

Vieux Carre Pizza New Orleans Reviews

moviegal226 moviegal…
It's Open Late Sep 30, 2016
If you eat this pizza while drunk as a skunk, you'll most likely think it is the best pizza in the entire world. Look, I was in the same boat -- after a night of heavy fun on Bourbon Street I noticed a rumbly in my belly. Luckily Vieux Carre was open late and serving pizza!

This place doesn't attract the most legit clientele, especially late at night. Since I was out alone (I know, I know, my husband was at a convention and I thought it would be fun to go out on the town to see the sights) I decided to briskly walk my pizza back to my hotel instead of dine in the very small and slightly sketchy restaurant.

I grabbed a slice of pepperoni for $3.50 (cash only). The pizza was tasty enough and it did the job of quieting my growling stomach. The crust was very bready, which I like. It's great to soak up all that liquor if you forgot to lay down a bread base prior to visiting the famous local bars.

I noticed my pizza seemed quite a bit old and obviously was not fresh out of the oven. The pepperoni had that nice crispy curl to it but the cheese wasn't gooey at all, it was hardened and sad. I guess your mileage may vary when it comes to the freshness. The amount of stars you'll rate this place is dependent upon how many hurricanes you've chugged on Bourbon Street prior to thinking "hey, pizza sounds like a good idea!"
old, stale pizza