Vietnam Restaurant

221 North 11th Street, Philadelphia, PA, USA

Vietnam Restaurant Philadelphia Reviews

Andy99 Andy99
A surprise in Philadelphia's Chinatown Dec 04, 2010
Our hotel was located right next to Philadelphia's Chinatown and Susan and I wanted to try a restaurant in the neighborhood. Asking for recommendations at the front desk, Vietnam Restaurant was one that more than one staff member agreed upon. That sounded interesting--a Vietnamese restaurant in Chinatown. Too, we had not sampled Vietnamese food very often.

Vietnam Restaurant is in an older building, laid out in three floors. The decor is very tasteful wood paneling with low lighting. he menu presented a variety of dishes: noodle bowls, pan-fired noodles, and meat, poultry,

and seafood.

We both selected a Noodle Bowl, I had Bun Thit Nuong (Grilled Pork noodle bowl) while Susan orderd Bun Tom Nuong (Shrimp noodle bowl). We both ordered a Crispy Spring Roll as an add-on, which was served sliced and as part of the bowl. The noodle bowls were excellent! I had a Vietnamese Lemonade (Squeezed lime juice and Club Soda.) For dessert we shared a warm Che Khoai Mon(Taro Pudding).

Highly recommended!
Vietnam Restaurant
Bun Tom Nuong (Shrimp noodle bowl)
Bun Thit Nuong (Grilled Pork noodl…
WalterC says:
I may have to check out this place when I get the chance.
Posted on: Aug 07, 2013
vances says:
Been away from Philly too long - thanks for the heads up on an enticing Vietnamese option! Have you ever been to Le Bec Fin (curious whether it is still around...would assume so but its been twenty years, lol)
Posted on: Dec 21, 2010