Birmingham, England

Victoria Square Birmingham Reviews

richieb799 richieb7…
Surprised at Beautiful Birmingham Apr 24, 2011
I am currently travelling around the UK to visit good friends from university, so far I have visited 5 cities and stayed at 3 Guest houses.

Whilst staying at Derby me and my friend decided to meet another friend in Birmingham and I knew little about the city before going there. I just heard it is a very urbanised and industrial city.

When we arrived at Birmingham New street station it was a fairly large train station and lead straight to the shopping high street. I would describe it as a smaller London.

We wanted to find the Bullring shopping area and we relaxed for a while in a nice enclosed square which was full of bars and restaurants and had cocktails.

We then proceeded to the famous 'Mailbox' shopping centre and the shops lead through to a beautiful canal/marina section.

After this we walked through another shopping complex near Birmingham Conservatoire and it lead to Victoria Square and Chamberlain Square that had great sculptures, the Town Hall and Museum. Checkout my snapshots, plenty to do here guys!
Birmingham canal