Viceroy Hotel Santa Monica

Viceroy Hotel Santa Monica Rates and Deals

Viceroy Hotel Santa Monica Reviews

SuperShan1015 SuperSha…
I would live in this hotel if I could Apr 10, 2010
I really would like to live at the Viceroy if I could. I stayed for a few days for my friend's birthday weekend. The amenities are plentiful & the decor is amazing. It has a retro-meets-modern, clean feel to it. This is actually my favorite hotel that I have stayed in, in the whole entire world!

I loved the pool area!! It was small yet intimate. There is a grassy area to lay out on while the wait staff is on call for whatever you need. It is a great area for couples or a small group gathering.

While laying out by the pool, I was a bit surprised when I ordered a $50+ dollar "picnic lunch" which consisted of a sandwich, chips, and a drink, served in a small basket. I felt for $50 it would have been a traditional picnic basket to share; not the case. However, it is not too uncommon for the Santa Monica area to have really expensive lunches. The cabanas by the pool area are fun for relaxing in during the day if you do not want to get too much sun.

At night, there is a hip, fresh, edgy, cocktail party vibe to the pool area outdoors. I recommend reserving a cabana early if you plan on staying to drink at the Viceroy in the evening. The Viceroy gets pretty packed at night especially since a lot of celebrities frequent there. I really loved the alcohol selection the Viceroy had to offer--Top shelf only!

The staff is extremely friendly; each staff member acts like a personal concierge even though they may just be on "front desk" duty. I drove up to Santa Monica from San Diego and managed to spill something on my clothes. The front desk offered to drop it off at the dry cleaners and have it back to me in a few hours. Now that's service!

The age range varies greatly from people in their early 20's, on up to their 60's (wealthy movie moguls I presume) ;)

If you do not want to pay to Valet your car there is usually some open spaces across the street to park in & some metered parking. It is easier to find parking on the weekend since a lot of people who work in the vicinity are off.

Overall, I highly recommend this hotel if you have the budget for it. I wish I was returning now!

Viceroy Hotel Santa Monica Overview

Ideally located, the Viceroy Hotel Santa Monica is close to many area businesses and attractions. This hotel in Santa Monica has local points of interest nearby, including Hollywood, beaches, museums, art galleries, world-class shopping, championship golf courses, the Santa Monica Pier, Beverly Hills, and Disneyland. Situated near the city center, the Viceroy Hotel Santa Monica is only minutes from the local airports and is easily accessible from area highways.

The 163 guestrooms and suites at the Viceroy Hotel Santa Monica offer many luxurious amenities including ocean, pool or palm views, fretted linens and bathrobes, custom beds with down comforters and pillows, Aromatherapy Associates hair and body products, marble baths with seated vanities and soaking tubs, fully-stocked mini bars, 27-inch flat screen televisions, high-speed Internet access, and CD and DVD players.

Recognized by Conde Nast Traveler, the Viceroy Hotel Santa Monica has many features including an eclectic dramatic d├ęcor, oversized white chaise lounges, 24-hour room service, a French-California restaurant, Cameo Bar, two outdoor pools with cabanas, fitness center, in-room beauty and spa services, choice of daily newspaper and 1,300 square feet of meeting space with a private patio overlooking the pool area.

Viceroy Hotel Amenities

• Computer
  • Desk
  • Audio/Visual Equipment
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes
  • Shops in Hotel
  • Paid Parking

Related Travel Blogs About Viceroy Hotel Santa Monica

Other Favorite Places.
Farmers Market (6333 W. 3rd)(Fairfax)(Cheap).  I love love love farmer's markets and this is the original one located at Third and Fairfax.  There are a ton of eateries in this place. …Santa Monica )(Expensive).   Located in the Viceroy   Hotel, I'm often surprised how often this place…

Check Viceroy Hotel Rates and Deals