Viang Yonok Hotel Chiang Rai

Check Chiang Rai Hotel Deals

Viang Yonok Hotel Chiang Rai Reviews

Trekertim Trekertim
Bird lovers Paradise in Thailand May 25, 2011
This is 5 stars all the way for me on this one. I stayed here with my girlfriend during the low season in August 2009. We were given a special rate as it was the low season and paid just 1200bht a night! which included the BEST English breakfast I have ever had in Thailand, although it did seem to take forever to arrive on one morning, but the setting was so perfect, I did not mind one bit. (as a rule western food is pretty rubbish in Thailand, and I usually stick to Thai food)

This resort is actually about 5 miles or so from the nearest town so you need a car. The resort is adjacent to a huge lake which is home to a huge variety of birds (especially in the winter dec-jan). There are actually very few properties or hotels within the vicinity and that situation is unlikely to change according to the owner, so it is very peaceful here. It is run by an English guy (not there on my visit) and his Thai wife who speaks perfect English.

There are 7 bungalows in the resort and each one is named after one of the many birds found here. The bungalows are all made of beautiful hardwood, and each one has a veranda. The one we stayed in overlooked the lake, which was literally the other side of the road.

Whilst here, I saw about 4 of the most incredible, tiny bright red birds eating from one of the trees in the garden. Late one evening, I got to see fire flies outside our bungalow!

The bungalow we stayed in was one of the smaller ones, but was quite adequate. There was A.C. The bathroom was delightful, with a hardwood deck laid between large pebbles.

At the time my girlfriend and I were the only guests, so it was like a private resort. The small pool was glorious with a decking area to sit in the sun also.

The owner also keeps bikes to take out for a ride around the lake (highly recommended) although to be honest, the bikes could do with updating. We managed to find the only two that were in good service, so if the resort was packed, we may not have had so much lucky.

If you like lots of company, or lots going on, this might not be for you, but this is probably one of my favorite resorts that I have ever been too! Highly recommended!!

Viang Yonok Hotel Chiang Rai Overview

The Viang Yonok Hotel is perfectly located for both business and leisure guests to Chiang Rai. All 7 rooms at the hotel are well-appointed with necessary amenities to ensure that each guest's satisfaction. Each guestroom has non smoking rooms, air conditioning, bathrobes, television, shower, balcony/terrace, satellite/cable TV, coffee/tea maker. To suit guests' convenience, this Chiang Rai accommodation offers bar/pub, laundry service/dry cleaning, restaurant, room service, safety deposit boxes, hotel/airport transfer, tours, bicycle rental. Hotel's guests can experience on-site latest leisure and sports facilities such as massage, gym, sauna, water sports (non-motorized), outdoor pool. Along with its convenient location in Chiang Rai, the hotel also offers a wide range of services and facilities to the guests. This hotel is characterized by a combination of modern comfort and traditional element of Chiang Rai, making it a distinct accommodation. To book a room at the Viang Yonok Hotel, please select your dates of travel and complete fill out our secure online booking form.

Viang Yonok Hotel Amenities