Via Veneto

Via Veneto Rome Reviews

travelman727 travelma…
Living La Dolce Vida in Cappuccino Heaven Jul 29, 2005
VIA VENETO

To me, Via Veneto (also known as Via Vittorio Veneto) is one of the most fascinating and romantic urban streets in the world!

Via Veneto became immortalized in Federico Fellini's La Dolce Vita (The Sweet Life). In the 1960 film, Marcello Mastroianni plays the part of a playboy newspaper gossip writer who spends every evening in Via Veneto, the hotspot for people who want to be seen. It was here that the term "paparazzi" became widely used.

The famous few blocks in northeast Rome may never regain the glamour of the 1950s and early 1960s, but it's still plenty wonderful for this boy from Kansas. My personal favorites:

Gran Caffé Doney (No. 141) no longer has celebrities in sunglasses hobnobbing with attractive starlets, but it still attracts a hip crowd for nightly aperitifs. During the day, you can relax under a magnolia tree with a newspaper and cappuccino and people watch.

Café de Paris (No. 90) looks as chic as it did when Federico Fellini and Ava Gardner relaxed at its outdoor tables. To me, it's a magical place to sip espresso, daydream and enjoy the sweet life.

La Terrazza dell'Eden (Via Ludovisi 49) is the restaurant/bar of the Eden Hotel (corner of Via Veneto and Via Ludovisi). The legendary retreat at the top of this historic hotel may offer the best views in Rome.

Harry's Bar (No. 150) is the Roman branch of the famed Venetian café that opened up in 1961. Years later, it's still the haunt for local politicians and those who enjoy an after-dinner drink at a piano bar :-D

Another allure of Via Veneto is its proximity to other Roman treasures. It is fantastic to have five of Rome’s most amorous attractions just a few blocks away:

• Aurelian Wall

• Villa Borghese

• Trevi Fountain

• Pincio Gardens

• Spanish Steps/Piazza di Spagna

Via Veneto, I can't wait until the next time I visit your enchanting street :-D
Oasis for café and conversation
Magical place to enjoy sweet life
Still attracts nightly hip crowd
williamsworld says:
I did enjoy Rome. I wish I would have know about this before.
Cheers, Britt
Posted on: Apr 12, 2011
vinniegill says:
very nice !
Posted on: Sep 09, 2010
psycheddreamer says:
Rome is the like a magical place for me. I've been there numberof times and it always amazed me. So travel man,. i will wait for you here in Milan. ^_^

Have a nice safety trip!!!
Posted on: Sep 08, 2010

Related Travel Blogs About Via Veneto

Rome - What a Birthday! Tuscany to Trevi
  Rome - What a Birthday! Tuscany to Trevi   TREVI FOUNTAIN   I was blessed to start my birthday in a 12th century castle in Tuscany (see my Florence, Siena, Montalcino blog) …Via Veneto in Rome (July 27, hence my handle, travelman727).     One of my day’s favorite moments was seeing…
Rome dag 1 // Rome day 1
English version can be found below!   De vlucht (KL1601) vanaf Schiphol vertrok keurig op tijd en met het windje in de rug bracht deze Boeing 737-800 ons in iets meer dat anderhalf uur naar Ro…Rome heeft het toch zijn voordeel. Op warme dagen kun je even binnen verkoeling zoeken. De wandeling liep nu verder over de Via Veneto
My last day in Rome
Well, today is my last day here.  I am spending the day wandering parts of the city I have not yet ventured into.   I have so far visited Piazza Polopo, which is just a block from the …Via Veneto which seems to be an upscale part of Rome.   After I grab some lunch, I think…

Check Rome Hotel Deals