Viña Concha y Toro

(2) 476 5269

Viña Concha y Toro Santiago Reviews

AlexandraTheGreat7 Alexandr…
Wine tasting at a lovely vineyard!! Mar 12, 2011
During our visit to Chile we really wanted to visit one of the vineyards… most of them are really far from Santiago but we found out the Viña Concha y Toro was really close to the city so this fitted perfectly in our schedules. We had a rented car so we drove there; the ride only took about an hour. The trip is nice and you get to see some of the countryside on your way there. Once you get there, there are guided tours starting every hour.

The winery is located in a really nice area. We had an excellent tour guide who gave us a lot of information and took us around the luxurious property, the gardens, to the vineyards and into the wine cellars… my favorite one was the historic wine cellar Casillero del Diablo where the world´s famous wine branded with this name is stored. Rumor has it the devil himself lives in this cellar and that´s why this cellar is named Casillero del Diablo which means “wine storage of the devil”. Of course there is a story about this but I won´t tell so that you go yourself and find out :-)

The tour includes the basic wine tasting, 2 wines and and they give you a wine glass etched with the Concha y Toro name as a souvenir. At the end of the tour you can enjoy some more wine tasting at the restaurant and include some tapas and cheese board at your expense.

I enjoyed it very much and I recommend it as a nice place to visit while in Santiago.

Check Santiago Hotel Deals