Versailles Restaurant

3555 Southwest 8th Street, Miami, FL, USA

Versailles Restaurant Miami Reviews

X_Drive X_Drive
Great Cuban and American food Oct 07, 2012
Jamal had told us that he wanted to take us to his favorite Cuban Restaurant in little Havana while we were in Miami. And boy did have a great one. And even though we managed to make it there on a Sunday at brunch time this large and beautifully decorated facility had a table available without a wait. I couldn’t believe it. The waiter took our drink order and gave us a moment to decide on what to have from their large menu. I picked a club sandwich, my wife had a Cuban sandwich, and Jamal had what I believe is a sampler plate of just about everything. It sure looked good and even came with a small side bowl of beans. I could sure tell why he liked this place so much. The food is wonderful.

They are open daily for lunch and dinner and have a full service bar. I understand they have a bakery in the back and make their own breads and chips. Parking isn’t real easy even though they have two lots, because they are always so crowded.

This place is well known to all locals and based on the number of reviews I found on-line, well know by many others too who all gave it 4 or 5 stars. The prices looked to be very reasonable for what you got and the amounts served were quite large.

I would definitely recommend eating here anytime you are in the Miami area.
sylviandavid says:
Congratulations on being featured! Hooray! sylvia
dardeb says:
Congrats on the feature!
Great review.
simsing says:
Congrats on the feature, Roger!
Posted on: Oct 27, 2012
Jamal1280 Jamal1280
Best...Cuban food...ever Aug 31, 2011
After this week's salsa lesson, I took my friend to Versailles, a popular Cuban restaurant on Calle Ocho (8th Street) in Miami - so popular in fact, that Michele Bachmann made it one of her campaign stops the day before we went. In fact, many Republicans pick this restaurant as a place to stump...the thought made me throw up in my mouth a little, and my friend wasn't too happy about it either. But that's another story :P

Anyway, TB Kristy (krisk161) recommended the place when I met her at a TB meetup in South Beach. I'm soooooo very glad that I took her suggestion!

The restaurant kind of reminded me of a ballroom or banquet hall (albeit a small one...don't ask me why lol) full of tables and chairs. And people! Once again, I was amazed that were eating at this restaurant at 10:30 p.m., and it was pretty crowded. But we didn't have any trouble getting a table at all.

I ordered the classic Cuban sampler for $13. It turned out to be the perfect dish, consisting of good portions of several types of Cuban food: Picadillo beef, black beans, white rice, plantains, cassava in mojo sauce, a ham croquette, roast pork with onions, a little Cuban tamale. I wasn't too crazy about the tamale, which could've been warmer, but everything else was absolutely delicious! I mean, wow! If I closed my eyes while I ate, I'd swear I was really eating in Havana, instead of just little Havana lol.

For dessert, I had a slice of chocolate mousse cake, which was rich, flavorful, and a perfect end to the meal.

I can't stress enough how much I enjoyed the food. My friend was more sour about the fact that Versailles is a Republican political bastion, but I told him I don't care if I have to sit next to Dick Cheney, I'm coming back here!
Free buttered toast before the meal
Classic Cuban sampler. Outstanding…
Jamal1280 says:
I have no idea why it's called Versailles lol. I don't question it, I just go and eat :P
spocklogic says:
So, what's the connection of a Cuban restaurant named Versailles, just curious?
hayley_phoon says:
wooo hooo!
Congratulation on your featured review Jamal!
Posted on: Sep 01, 2011
wkrysher wkrysher
Versailles restaurant in Little Havana- Miami, Florida Feb 12, 2009
Versailles serves some of the best Cuban food in Miami! Not only does it serve some of the best Cuban food but it also is the hub of all Cuban culture in Miami. It is located in little Havana. Patrons vary from young to old. Many political or cultural affair within the Miami Cuban community usually gather at Versailles to discuss any issues. Versailles is usually open late and is a great place to experience some authentic Cuban food. My personal recommendation is the Vaca Frita. Overall it is a very unique place and the best Cuban restaurant in Miami.
Inside
Versailles in little Havana, Miami
sirenn9 sirenn9
Jun 04, 2007
Versailles is a great place to get reasonably priced Cuban food in Little Havana, whether you are a local or a tourist. They are open 24 hours and serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. I don't recommend going for breakfast because they don't really have much on the menu that is Cuban. For the most part, they only offer eggs, grits, toast and fruit, HOWEVER, on sundays they have a breakfast buffet and they have several unique Cuban breakfast items, so that would be a good morning to visit Versailles. Of course, there is always the bakery next door (which is also a part of Versailles) that is a good breakfast spot, if you tend to like eating pastries or other sweets in the morning, along with coffee. Cuban coffee is great in the mornings, since it is extremely strong.

Most of the people in Versailles restaurant are Cuban, in fact if you don't know Spanish you may feel a little bit lost because many of the waiters and waitresses barely speak any English at all.

The menu is large and they offer everything from ropa vieja and vaca frita, to Cuban sandwiches, arroz moro, black bean soup, fried plantains, to Cuban-style BBQ chicken and an enormous amount of batidos and desserts including my beloved torta tres leches, arroz con leche and bread pudding. All of the desserts looked really good.

I wish there were places like this in the Bay Area. The few Cuban restaurants I have been able to find in San Jose and SF have been pretty expensive, which is a shame considering that Cuban food is, in nature, very simple... it's almost a crime to be charging so much especially for the staples of this type of cuisine. I can understand with some of the seafood dishes, but I have seen some places in California charge $15 for a plate of chicken with rice and a couple pieces of fried plantains- a total rip off, especially when the Cuban food in Miami is much better!

If only they would open a Versailles in the Bay Area.... *sigh*....
eurowestgirl says:
You're right, it is more expensive than most Cuban restaurants in Miami. I guess that's why it's called Versailles! ;0) I think the croquetas are delicious, especially with wrapped in a pickle! And I love that they serve sopa de platano every day! The tortilla de platano is also delicious.
Posted on: Oct 02, 2007
ya97ya says:
I've been to this restaurant. I agree they have the some of the best cuban food.
Posted on: Jun 04, 2007