1218 Wharf Street, Victoria, Canada
(250) 590-7370

Veritas Victoria Reviews

Rokerij Rokerij
Oldest and Most Haunted Jul 28, 2010
The menu claims it is the oldest known building in Victoria and the most haunted. Large stone walls made centuries ago line the outside while floor-to-ceiling windows line the harbor side view.

This restaurant is a large space with very few tables. There was a large party in there and tables were shifted for it, but it seemed like there were only a few tables in the entire place. Service seemed that way as well with the server and the bartender regularly stopping by to chat and tell us about their menu's.

The food was great but I made the mistake of ordering a steak. While the steak was delicious and perfectly cooked and seasoned, it was still not mine. In other words I believe I have mastered the steak and it cannot be beaten and anyone who has tried it feels the same. So I am always disappointed when I order steaks.

They did however have some amazing mussels for appetizers and the best Creme Brule I have had, and I've traveled through France eating them as well.

Our bicycle taxi gave us a 50% off coupon the night before that we figured we would never use so we left it in the hotel and somehow managed to go there anyway. So we paid full price. It was your typical price for that level of food, not to expensive and definitely not cheap.
Rokerij says:
I like to think it is damn good at least. I always use the tenderloin cut and let it sit in seasoning and extra virgin olive oil while it warms to room temperature. 5 minutes per side on a hot grill. Perfect every time. Occasionally I get all crazy and add a cayenne based rub that gives it a slight hint of heat, or I make a roquefort and cream sauce that really brings out the flavor of the meat.
Posted on: Jul 17, 2010