Havnegade 44, Copenhagen, Denmark

Verandah Copenhagen Reviews

gingerbatik gingerba…
Good location, shabby food Oct 06, 2013
This Indian restaurant just open recently last Thursday the 03 October 2013 and has rave review about the owner who is co founder of Noma (the second best restaurant in the world as 2013) and has excellent review of the chef who has travel and work in different Michelin award restaurants around the world.

The building has good location facing the harbor and really scenic and romantic.

In the same building they are 3 different restaurants with the same owner.

Since this is a brand new restaurant, unexpectedly the service were really slow and only one man handling the menu to all the dinners, so we have to wait for awhile before we get the menu. Once we get the menu, it was another ten minutes before the waitress come to our table and explain the menu and the price as no price display on the menu.

It seems the menu in the restaurant and from their website is different, we come expecting 5-6 set course menu and prepare our self for big dinner, unfortunately the set menu only available on certain days and not every day.

Today, they only have set menu with 3 main selection of pork belly, fish or vegetable rice briani. Have to choose one of those as a main and it serve with different condiments.

Both of us settle with pork belly with tandori sauce.

Once we order the meal, it arrives quickly. It seems they already prepare the meals in advanced as the main is only luke warm and not hot and I suspect it was a microwave oven, but not sure about this. In addition to this, the sauce over the meat was so little and not much taste. Finally I get the waitress and asked for more sauce and the new sauce was hot (in term of the heat) and spicier than the previous sauce on the meat. The condiments were small in size.

The meat was not bad but I really expect more from this place as it has a rave review about the owner and the chef.

The best thing about the food was the nan bread. It was warm as just come out from the oven, crispy on the outside and soft to bite.

The dessert of rice pudding were disaster, it looks like someone vomit and I really hesitance to try it.

When I tried, it was taste awful, just sweet and creamy. It was not really my night.

I would not recommend this place to anybody. I should stick to normal Indian restaurant to have Indian food I guest.
the building
the view from the restaurant
the view from the restaurant
inside the restaurant
cotton_foam says:
congrats on this review being featured!!
Posted on: Oct 10, 2013
the_bill says:
Congratulations on your feature!
Posted on: Oct 09, 2013