Veranda Restaurant

17550 Bernardo Oaks Drive, San Diego, CA, USA

Veranda Restaurant San Diego Reviews

spocklogic spocklog…
Fireside lounge and restaurant Jan 28, 2012
Veranda is one of the restaurants located at Rancho Bernardo Inn. This place advertises itself as, "Mediterranean cuisine with a Southern California twist. Each dish is designed by the Resort's team of chefs using locally-sourced ingredients." I ate here for breakfast a couple of times and once for lunch. There is an inside dining area, and a wide outside veranda area (as the restaurant name implies) with nice views of the golf course. There is a practice putting green along the outside of the veranda as well as a fireside lounge area located at one end of the veranda.

The breakfast menu is typical American style, with some versatility. I enjoyed the omelets, which are quite fluffy and full of your choice of locally grown ingredients. The lunch menu is Mediterranean and Mexican mix. I didn't try a dinner here, so I can not speak to that. The food is decent here, not spectacular, but good value and proportions for the price. The outside veranda is quite nice to enjoy a bit of scenery and the lounge area with fireplace is cozy in the evening with a drink or two.

Overall, a decent place for a meal, snack or drink at Rancho Bernardo. My only complaint is that the staff seemed a bit distracted at times and didn't always accommodate the requests of the customer in a timely manner. They do get busy at peak hours so I found this sort of forgivable, but given that it is a resort that is supposed to cater to customer needs, I felt they could have been a bit more on top of things. A minor complaint, but worth mentioning I thought.
Veranda Restaurant
Veranda - Rancho Bernardo
Inside bar area
Lunch menu
efren1989 says:
Brian great review.Well done mate.Cheers!!!
Posted on: Sep 09, 2012
spocklogic says:
Thanks, Rob, and I appreciate the compliment. Sometimes it is quite odd how a wait staff can sometimes get totally confused. It wasn't just me either and I overheard other tables complaining too. Perhaps they were just having a bad lunch service day.
Posted on: Jul 30, 2012
robzvoice says:
Great review and photos, Brian. I know what you mean about customer service, or the lack thereof.
Posted on: Jul 30, 2012