Venturo Maldives

Check Maafushi Hotel Deals

Venturo Maldives Maafushi Reviews

gingerbatik gingerba…
Avoid if you can Mar 13, 2014
I booked this hotel through as it has a very good reviews from the previous guest who has stayed there. Unfortunately I have different experience at this place. When I arrived in the island, nobody waiting at the ferry jetty even though I stated that I will come to the hotel on the date directly by ferry from Male. The guy from the Holiday Lodge Hotel very kind to walk me and another couple to the hotel. When check in the hotel reception asked me to pay the total stay in cash up front and then without any explanation, one of the staff take my backpack and then put in the car and when I asked where we were going, he said to the room. I thought we were in the hotel or maybe the hotel is big.

It appears they put in different building, around 10 minutes’ walk (less by car), in a small house without any sign on it at the local beach. There is 4 bedrooms in this house and no reception or staff waiting in the house.

The room I was given is quite small and more like a kid room. The bedcover is thin with kid motives and dirty. It has blood stain on it. I point out to the staff and asked for a new bedcover. Unfortunately they do not have anymore and then I asked for extra bed sheet as no bed sheet in between the duvet and bed sheet.

No dresser or mirror inside the room which I found ridiculous as I booked deluxe double room at this hotel. No garden view as descript in the and no safety box or television inside the room, no water provided as mention in the booking and no toiletries either.

I asked the staff for soap and shampoo which was given.

At that stage, I was tired and it was late afternoon around 6.00 pm and I just want to sleep. So I rest for the night and the next day I ask the staff to get me as I do not know how to go to the first hotel since no direction, no map in this place. One of the staff come to pick me up with a motor bike and then I am off to have breakfast.

Breakfast was very simple, 3 toast of bread, 2 sausages, 2 fried eggs and 3 small slices of apple and 3 small slices of orange juice. Free coffe or tea.

At breakfast room, I met the couple which I walked together to the hotel for check in and they get the room in the original hotel. After chat a bit I found out they pay less than me. They only paid usd30+++ per night for 2 people inclusive breakfast, whereas I paid usd 55+++ per night for single inclusive breakfast. Total cost usd 73 per night.

I really pissed off at this place. First of all, I check in first than that couple and I get bumped out stayed somewhere not at this hotel without any explanation. If they tell me in advanced that their room was full and will put me somewhere, it would be nice. I could say yes or move to another hotel.

Secondly I paid more than other guests, I found out 4 other people paid usd 30+++ but they booked 2-4 months in advanced whereas I only booked 5 days prior to my trip.

Anyway, I found the service was lack, since the manager promised to give me a room in the original hotel I booked but it was prevailed and the manager did not say anything nor apologies for this. No change of towel or provide more soap for the next day.

I would say avoid this place if you can , but if you get a good deal at this place and room in the original hotel, it worth it since the room is much nicer than my room. Mine was worst and I would not stay at this place again.
the green bedroom
the wardrobe
the building from outside, without…
Ils1976 says:
that's not good at all! :S
Posted on: Mar 19, 2014
Travel2014 says:
yeah, sorry to hear about this experience but glad you shared
Posted on: Mar 18, 2014
cotton_foam says:
Bummer! Sorry that this is a downer especially in a place like Maldives!
Posted on: Mar 17, 2014