Douglas and Pandora, Victoria, Canada

Veneto Victoria Reviews

mainhart mainhart
Great Place for a drink and appys. May 28, 2014
The Veneto Lounge is adjacent to the Hotel Rialto. Not sure if they are owned by the same company but they work together. Upon my checking into the hotel, I was given a voucher for a complimentary cheese plate and vouchers for a free continental breakfast or discounted hot breakfast from the lounge. Also by using the hotels Green Rewards Program I received $20 off my lounge bill. The cheese plate was very nice. Tasty different cheeses, meat and fruit with crackers. The Lounge Bar is quite the mixologist's dream. They make very interesting cocktails. The very knowledgeable staff is very helpful without being pretentious like they could be in New York. The happy hour 1/2 price appetizers were good. I opted for the slider combo. Different meats in each slide. Very good and reasonable. The menu looked great. I wish I had time to try more. I did end my nights with a cocktail at the bar and meeting the young patrons who make this place a hip spot, again without pretentiousness. So refreshing. The breakfasts were very delicious. Modern takes on classic dishes. The Croque Madame was to die for. Everything I had was delicious. They were packed in the morning, so they seem to be well known. Some of the other hotel guests opted for the free continental breakfast. Their loss. The discounted rich breakfast probably saved me money later in the day when I skipped lunch, still satisfied from breakfast. The Hotel Rialto & Veneto Lounge are a great combination and a bonus for the traveler to Victoria.
Rokerij Rokerij
Amazing Food, Great Atmosphere Jul 01, 2010
We have been looking into opening a Tapa's restaurant for some time and seen this as we were driving to our hotel upon our arrival. So that evening we decided to make the long walk from our hotel to this place and were not at all disappointed by that decision.

The meals come out a variety of ways, we decided to go with the beef, pork, and slider 3 packs. What this meant was we got small tapa size plates of each of those options prepared three different ways for a cost of $14 for each of the 3 packs. Wow does that make sense?

Okay, so for beef there was a Braised beef on polenta with an amazing gravy type sauce. There was a beef stew ragu. There was also a grilled filet with potatoes and beets. You get the point, beef three ways, pork three ways, and sliders (mini burgers) three ways.

The waitresses were initially slow to get to us, but once we were there they were amazing and attentive. I think the slowness was a hostess issue of not letting them know since our waitress looked surprised when she walked by us the first time.

The only thing I would change about this place is the decor near the back of the place. It was nice and modern/sophisticated but it was dull. At the front there was a nice bar and big windows so that would be better, but at the back there was very little to look at for someone with serious A.D.D. like me.

Related Travel Blogs About Veneto

Day 3: Set Sail on Costa Victoria
Our third day in Venice was the one on which we boarded our cruise ship (Costa Victoria) for our 7 day cruise with ports of call in Italy, Greece and Croatia.   We had a bit of time be… Our third day in Venice was the one on which we boarded our cruise ship (Costa Victoria) for our 7…

Check Victoria Hotel Deals