Vejlefjord Hotel Stouby

Vejlefjord Hotel Stouby Rates and Deals

Vejlefjord Hotel Stouby Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Nice recreation area Nov 11, 2010
I was back in Jylland again for a seminar and it had yet again been a long day before I arrived. I started my day in Stockholm and picked up my car in the airport and drove directly the two hours before I arrived at the hotel. I had never stayed at Vejlefjord Hotel and I was quite suspicious about its location when the GPS said that it was situated 20 km from Vejle and in the dark of Jylland.

I am sure that I never would have found the hotel if I didn’t have the GPS; the road was completely dark, narrow and lonely. At one point I was driving through a housing area with a lot of villas, and I was seriously thinking that I was totally wrong here but suddenly a huge hotel complex appeared.

I found a parking for the car and walked into the entrance to the hotel where I was greeted by a smiling receptionist. I was given a hotel room on the first floor. The hotel was evidently primarily a health spa and wellness centre, but it was also used as a conference and business hotel.

I entered first floor and my room was the first around the corner. The hotel had once been a hospital where the primarily function was to give fresh air and relaxation to its patients. Just opposite of my room there were a group of showers and drinking fountains. I entered my room which was a normal size single room in an old fashion style. The room was neat and was facing the fjord which I could not see due to the dark of the night.

There was a single bed in the corner of the room with a small table and a lamp next to it. There was a very small table where I could have my computer, but it was one of these rooms where it was impossible to charge your phones and computer without sitting in the dark after having unplugged all the lamps. There was also a flat screen with I didn’t have the time to use.

When I woke up the next morning I could fully enjoy the view of the fjord and the surrounding woods; it was quite beautiful but I didn’t have the time to use any of it.

I went down to the breakfast that was served on the ground floor. The breakfast buffet was really nice and they served some of the best bacon that I had tasted in a long time on a hotel. The hotel was quite busy there were a couple of large conferences at the same time but there were plenty for all. Their lunch buffet was also quite good with a wide selection of salads, steaks, couscous, fish dishes and a wide range of cheeses and cakes.

I didn’t have time to use any of the spa and wellness facilities but I could see that they were well used by a lot of the other quests of the hotel. I must say that this hotel would be wonderful to visit on a summer day where you also could use the surround nature together with the wellness offerings.
The room
The little desk
The bed
The bed

Vejlefjord Hotel Stouby Overview

Hotel Vejlefjord has 113 light and well-appointed rooms with satellite TV and free wireless Internet. In the park there are 20 km of therapeutic paths and the Kur and Spa resort. The hotel has some of the most modern and exclusive conference facilities in the country with seven conference rooms and ten reception rooms creating a distinguished setting for everything from learning to parties and banquets with room for up to 240 persons in one room. Weekend stays and everyday stays with free access to the thermal baths.
some calls the place the castle in the woods thus referring to the very beautiful location in the beech woods right down to Vejle Fjord. Anyway it is true that you find calm and tranquillity when staying here. And there are plenty of possibilities to breathe the fresh air and to enjoy the view over the fjord when you stroll through the large park which was originally laid out as a therapeutic park for the tuberculosis patients.
Hotel Vejlefjord has been located in the fine old main building of the sanatorium since 2005 and the guests can not only profit from the lovely surroundings but also from the high comfort indoors with ultramodern meeting and conference facilities- restaurant and panorama terrace - not to mention the unique and internationally renowned health and wellness facilities. In Hotel Vejlefjord Kur og Spa nothing has been left to chance. The thermal baths consist of seven basins and sensuous douches with drops and jets and it has all been built in granite on the outskirts of the woods. Every bath and every room offers its own sensuous experience. As a matter of fact it cannot be described - you must experience it yourself.
The food is served in Restaurant Glassalen- in the gourmet restaurant Barbara or in the Brasserie at the top roof terrace where you may enjoy a titbit- a cool drink or a cup of coffee plus of course the view over the park and the fjord.

Vejlefjord Hotel Amenities

• Shops
  • Desk
  • Jacuzzi
  • Massage
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes