Veggie Grill

720 Allied Way, El Segundo, CA, USA - 310-535-0025

Veggie Grill El Segundo Reviews

Eric Eric
Amazing vegetarian food Jun 24, 2009
I was incredibly skeptical about this place, even after Lisa had raved about it, because I'm not a big fan of "fake" vegetarian meet, and the Veggie Grill specializes in "fake" meat chicken and steak sandwiches. However, I'm glad I was proven wrong!

Real meat or not, the "chicken" sandwiches here are amazing! In fact, I like them better than most normal chicken sandwiches. The fake chicken (i think it's tofu?) tastes remarkably similar to real chicken, and is just as flavorful, but without the fat and grease.

I normally get the Santa Fe Crispy chicken sandwich, or the Bayou chicken. The Bayou chicken has a little bit more flavor, but if you are new here I'd recommend the Santa Fe just so you can see how similar tasting to real meat "fake" chicken can be.

The yam fries are also really good here (not quite as good as Father's Office, but good nonetheless).

I haven't tried the fake "steak" meat yet (I think it's tempeh), so I am not sure if it's as equally delicious.

The only downside is the price. It's about $10 for a sandwich + fries (why is it that vegetarian options are often the most expensive. shouldn't they be cheaper than meat?).
Eric says:
Cool, thanks Chanel -- will have to try that place out with Lisa.
Posted on: Jul 08, 2009
HeatherHop says:
I love The Veggie Grill. I visit the one by
UC Irvine often...Norwood always gets the Santa Fe Crispy Chick'n when we go. I like the Bali Bliss, but you have to be a fan of tempeh to really be into that one.
I definitely agree on the price, but I think it's more expensive because it's actually quite a bit of work (and ingredients) to craft those fake meats.
Posted on: Jun 28, 2009