Vegetarian Haven

(416) 621-3636

Vegetarian Haven Toronto Reviews

kathyt25 kathyt25
Quaint vegetarian restaurant in the heart of Toronto May 23, 2011
Downtown Toronto is a huge metropolitan area, rich in culture, shopping to fit any budget, an abundance of restaurants to suit anyone's tastebuds, and plenty of nightlife. However, as a vegetarian for 7 years, I found that the one thing that was lacking was a GOOD vegetarian restaurant. Don't get me wrong - downtown Toronto has an abundance of vegetarian and vegan options, but they are always overpriced, underportioned, or are designed like take-out joints that lack a restaurant atmosphere.

Vegetarian Haven is located on Baldwin Street. It's a cute area that is lined with outdoor patios and other cultural restaurants. Perfect for a summer lunch or dinner.

The restaurant itself is small, but cozy. They serve Asian-inspired, fully vegetarian meals, and have plenty of vegan and gluten-free options. I've had vegetarian Asian food before, but the chefs here combine different Asian cuisines that I can't quite put my finger on. Whatever the combination is, the fusion is delicious. They also have lower carb and fat options - so again, options for everyone!

The servers are SO nice and attentive, and really work hard to ensure that you're comfortable and have everything you want.

The cherry on top of the great food and cozy atmosphere are the great prices. Everything is so reasonably priced, so my belly always leaves full of vegetarian food without feeling guilty that my wallet is three pounds lighter.

My first time coming here was on Valentines Day. There was a set menu, including appetizer, an alcohol-free sangria, entree, and dessert for $35!

In a nutshell, I definitely recommend stopping by this hidden gem. If you aren't coming in for lunch or dinner, try one of their fully vegan desserts. You won't even be able to tell they're missing eggs and cream!
maddy500 says:
I will definitely check this out next time I'm in Toronto. Thanks!
Posted on: May 23, 2011
Eric says:
Thanks for sharing!
Posted on: May 23, 2011
yumei2 yumei2
Healthy Servings Jul 09, 2011
Visited Vegetarian Haven for the first time for lunch recently with colleagues from work. This is a small establishment, but with very friendly serving staff. They have a sample lunch special on display which the waiter uses to explain the special. As it was a beautiful day, we decided to sit outside (a small area holding about 5 tables).

The menu is appealing, as was the special, as described by the waiter. I eventually decided to order the avacado wrap ($11.99), tempted by the description of the filling of apples and raisins (definitely a light summer feel). The serving was quite generous - two wraps with a lovely salad. Tasty and filling (I was unable to finish everything and had to assure the waiter it had been very enjoyable). Learned of seitan for the first time.

Would definitely recommend as a healthy alternative in a down-to-earth setting. We were interested to note that a vegetarian association is housed above the restaurant - definitely a stamp of approval!

Check Toronto Hotel Deals