Vapiano

+41 612727222

Vapiano Basel Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Great lunch place Nov 18, 2010
I was back in Basel and I had the luck the meet my brother and his wife there for lunch. The suggested that we met up in Vapiano in Sternengasse; it was okay with me and the restaurant was apparently new for Basel.

Vapiano is a fast casual pasta and pizza restaurant chain, based in Germany. The concept is a pizza and pasta bar, where food is made to order and they also serves made-to-order salads.

Vapiano employs a unique interface for customers order and pay for their food. Each diner is provided an RFID chip card (even if dining together to avoid customers charging one card and waving another when exiting) that the customer waves in front of the counter when ordering food and drink.

When the dinner is finished, the card is waved in front of the register and the bill appears on the screen. All dough and pasta are manufactured on-site in a glass room so that customers can watch while waiting in line. All of the herbs and salad greens are grown in an enclosed space in the dining area.

The restaurant was completely full and I must say that the concept works. The food was great and fast. I had a Arrabiata which had a kick to it, so I was really satisfied.

I hope that the chain comes to Copenhagen as well.
Inside the busy place
Their business card
At the order lines when we were le…
Chokk says:
No - I did not know! I want one too :D
Posted on: Nov 20, 2010
passionata says:
do you know that we have it already for couple of years in Tallinn! Now even 2 places in total! :-P
Posted on: Nov 20, 2010