Vang Vieng & Drunk Teenagers

Vang Vieng, Laos
Vang Vieng & Drunk Teenagers - totally worth it.
Vang Vieng & Drunk Teenagers - totally worth it.
Vang Vieng & Drunk Teenagers - With my great friend Pin!!
Vang Vieng & Drunk Teenagers - I'm a clean guy LOL
Vang Vieng & Drunk Teenagers - I'm a clean guy LOL
Vang Vieng & Drunk Teenagers - Kayaking

Vang Vieng & Drunk Teenagers Reviews

-Squar3s- -Squar3s-
Visit it or not? Jan 19, 2012
The first time I arrived to Vang Vieng I thought I went to the worst place of the country. Let me explain that. I have to say I'm not a party animal, I do love to party but I do have more important things to do than get wasted. I took a tuk-tuk with a few other people and they drop us in the center. Everyone went to their guest-houses. I didn't have one so I had to check the guide and decide. If you've been there you'll have seen that. While walking one can see hundreds of restaurants, full of young people, most of them wasted, watching the tv-show Friends. I felt pretty bad, not for me, but for them. You're in one of the most amazing countries in the whole world and you waste your money and days watching an American tv-show you'd probably seen it thousands of times before. I was kinda furious because of that but then I arrived to the guest-house I had chosen, and something changed, the guest-house ( I can't recall the name right now ) was passed the river, there's a toll bridge( yeah... things can get worst haha) though later I discovered another bridge ( a free one ) but well, it was magic. The village is surrounded by unbelievably beautiful lime-stones. I spent there like 5 or 6 days and I made all the activities. I went partying too, I went tubing down the river for 3 hours or so, something special joined me. Oh yes I remember now, I went down the river with a fresh lao beer... I went kayaking, trekking, even with the tubes inside the caves. IT WAS TOTALLY AMAZING, and cheap.

I remember a guy who was totally upset with Vang Vieng. I met him near TaKhek. He got smugged, he lost his camera and something more... He told me to avoid visiting the village. Thank myself I didn't follow his advice...

So, My advice? Don't get yourself wrong with the first picture you see of the town or the opinions you get from other people. Vang Vieng is one of the most beautiful places in the whole Asia, you shouldn't miss it for anything in the world, even if you just stay there for a couple of days.

Hope it does help a little. I'll try to find the name of the guest-house, the owner was Irish though, he didn't like Americans, I don't know why...

With my great friend Pin!!

Check Vang Vieng Hotel Deals